To ensure regional Transmission and Radio Access Network projects are completed according to set schedules and within budget by liaising with different role players, applying sound project management principles and reporting on progress.
- To manage all aspects of Transmission and Radio Access Network roll-out and upgrade projects
- To liaise with different role players (planning, maintenance, installations, property, central project management and other regions, stores, etc) to ensure projects are completed according to set schedules and within budget.
- To conduct weekly contractor and supplier project team meetings to ensure progress of projects to schedule and set requirements.
- To request purchase orders to ensure that projects are completed as per the set roll-out schedules, within the set budget and up to quality standards.
- To enter into price negotiations with proposed suppliers to ensure that all projects are completed within budget and ensuring a cost saving on Capex expenditure.
- To compile a scope of work and a bill of materials for individual projects in accordance to company policies and procedures as well as set standards in the industry.
- To conduct the financial acceptance of projects and ensuring that all was done in accordance with quotes and requests provided as well as to set company standards.
- To ensure data integrity on all databases in order to track progress on projects as well as to report monthly on all aspects within the Project management environment (Local PO’s, foreign PO’s, stats, values, etc.)
- Computer Skills
- Information Management
- Risk Management
- Scoping of Projects
- Advanced Excel
- Project Management
- GSM, UMTS, LTE and Transmission general knowledge
- 3 years' experience in managing projects (essential)
- 1 year experience in business management / finance / budget control (desirable)
- Cellular or Transmission Telecommunications experience (essential)
- Relevant Technical Qualification (e.g. engineering) - Degree/Diploma/T3/S4/N6 National Diploma (essential)
- Certificate in Project Management (desirable);
- Certificate / diploma in Business Management or Logistics (desirable)
- Drivers License Code 08 (essential)