An opportunity exists for a Senior Project Manager who will work jointly with the Scrum Master to ensure the successful delivery of projects and programmes in line with time, cost and scope.
Cape Town based, contract
- Maintain effective relationships with Project Sponsors and stakeholders.
- Manage issues, risks and action logs.
- Develop, manage, and maintain project plans.
- Manage diverse project teams through successful matrix management across multiple organisations.
- Ensure the successful delivery of programmes and projects, reporting activity and progress against plan.
- Manage quality of project deliverables.
- Provide support, guidance and share good practice within the team and across the business.
- Manage project start-up and initiation activities.
- Build and maintain effective project teams.
- Co-ordinate facilitation and conflict resolution.
- Engage with the business to understand all factors that influence project delivery and team effectiveness.
- Report on project progress.
- Manage scope, costs/project budget and change control.
- Manage external vendors and partners.
- Manage the relationship between project, stakeholders and key business areas.
- Co-ordinate programme and project activities across SCI and associated business partners.
- Manage project closure through to implementation review and handover to business as usual.
- Provide guidance and support to junior project managers to ensure timeous delivery on projects.
- Bachelor's degree or NQF equivalent.
- Professional Project Management qualification e.g. Prince 2 Practitioner or PMI desirable.
- MSP Practitioner desirable.
- 8- 10 years' experience in financial services / Insurance / Banking / Investments.
- Demonstrate experience in managing projects with large budgets
- Demonstrate experience of managing projects throughout the entire delivery lifecycle.
- Experience in managing senior stakeholders, 3rd Party Suppliers/Partners and internal diverse teams.
- Demonstrate experience in delivery of Business Intelligence projects.
- Leadership and influencing abilities.
- Analysis skills and problem resolution
- Adaptable, Innovative, and creative.
- Strategic thinker.
- Effective time management, Planning, and organisational abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Detail and Result oriented.
- Team player, Building relationships and effective networking