The main purpose of this position is to perform all financial functions, including the review of the financial information, performing accounting functions, attending portfolio management meetings, and assisting the manager - finance with any accounting or other financial functions. The ideal candidate will be responsible for complete financial control, invoicing and purchases, maintain capex and fixed asset register, as well as property system. Import information from property system into management account system, review and reconcile financial system, monthly trial balances and general ledgers to property system. Preparing month-end reports for board review, bank recons, balance sheet recons and assist with audits.
• Consult with all relevant departments and customers, i.e. Leasing, Repairs and Maintenance, etc. In order to record financial obligations and expected costs regarding property portfolio.
• Maintain accurate financial records for property portfolio • Issue orders and pay suppliers when required
• Invoice all internal and external monthly rentals and utilities
• Ensure all utilities are paid timeously and accurately to the relevant municipality and invoiced to the tenant
• Liaise and follow up with municipalities regarding utility accounts billing and any other queries
• Reconcile general ledger accounts, e.g. fixed assets, investment property, lease & tenant installation costs, etc. to supporting schedules.
• Perform month and year-end procedures, e.g. raise accruals and prepayments, provide for depreciation/amortization, etc.
• Perform an accounting function by processing journal entries and compiling monthly management packs
• Review the entire General Ledger for each property for completeness and accuracy.
• Obtain reasons for variances between the budgets and actuals from relevant stakeholders. • Liaise and advise the allocated portfolio department by providing accurate financial results and portfolio performance at regular intervals in order to guide their departmental progress against targets.
• Utilizing MDA property management system for portfolio management and tenant relationship management to effect the above
• Ensure that the MDA property management system information is accurate and up to date at all times Interim period & year-end preparation
• Calculate the current and the deferred tax calculation, when required
• Perform property valuations (Bi-Annually). Perform comparison to external valuations and resolve differences.
• Draft financials using Hyperion (monthly).
• Review the financial statements for accuracy.
• Assist in generating the relevant reports to enable disclosures in the financial statements/integrated report Preparation for the annual audit • Prepare the working papers required for the annual audit.
• Attend to Auditor’s questions and queries during the audit
BUDGETS & FORECASTS
• Compile a complete budget and forecast for the property portfolio allocated. Analyze the budgets and forecasts to ensure that it is complete and reasonable in comparison to prior or current years. • Ensure that the budget and forecast is in the correct format and uploaded correctly.
• BCOM Financial degree with major in Accounting required
. • Completed Articles at an Audit Firm or Accounting Firm (SAICA, SAIPA) required.
• At least 2 -3 years’ experience in a corporate environment.
• Experience in management accounting, i.e. budgeting, monthly management accounts, forecasting required.
• Experience in drafting financial statements required (using MDS and Hyperion software).
• Experience in the Property industry Specifications for this position will be discussed if a candidate is invited for an interview.
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.