We are looking for an experienced CFO within the Retail Sector with at least 10 years’ experience. The suitable candidate would carry out all the duties and responsibilities typically associated to that of a CFO for 2 Groups of companies.
An overview of duties and responsibilities would include:
- Has overall responsibility for the group financial function.
- Reports on financial and management accounts accurately and within deadlines set.
- Acts as a sounding board for management decisions, group strategy and advises against risky or potentially unprofitable ventures.
- Assists the CEO in driving the sales process (costing, margins, etc).
- Ensures the administration of the financial team runs smoothly.
- Evaluate and advise on business control matters, and implement sound financial management.
- Implement systems and procedures to ensure financial and non-financial controls are robust.
- Builds good working relationships with other stakeholders - banks, auditors and other suppliers.
- Evaluate investment proposals, and expenditure of the group as a whole, and attempts to cut costs and reduce risk wherever possible.