• Fluent in English – reading, writing and speaking
• Matric preferable
• Demonstrate the aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities
• Physically fit – the role requires walking, lifting, bending and other physical abilities
• Computer literate
• Valid driver’s license
• Good communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Able to supervise staff
• Honest and reliable
• Use own initiative and be proactive
• Liaise with the Manager on a daily basis regarding current tasks, and assist in the planning of future tasks.
• Ensure all assigned duties are carried out, and that resources are efficiently utilized.
• Ensure that the school’s policies and procedures are adhered to by staff.
• Act as a communication conduit between management and staff.
• Maintain and control use of stock, equipment & consumables.
• Timeously request purchase of consumables, equipment and materials.
• Assist the Manager to maintain the asset register.
• Monitor and report absenteeism to the Manager.
• Actively promote Health and Safety, and report any breach directly to the Manager.
• Ensure that all staff wear all appropriate PPE.
• Where required, gather and provide information on a daily, monthly and annual basis, including schedules,
consumable issues and usage etc.
• Prepare overtime rosters for approval by the Manager.
• Work with members of other teams as required.
• Check all equipment that require replacement items as needed.
• Report faulty equipment to the Manager within 12 hours of breakdown.
• Ensure housekeeping standards are met and maintained in all facilities, and report shortcomings/faults to the
• Monitor standards and compliance of work performed by outsourced contractors.
• Monitor and assist in planning for holiday work requirements (bi/annual cleaning work).
• Other duties as assigned.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link