• Understanding Health and Safety requirements in an engineering environment.
• Reading detailed planning and/or process sheets.
• Fully conversant with reading and understanding engineering drawings.
• Be able to operate and show experience of working the following machine tools: Centre Lathes, Milling machine & Vertical Borer,
• A good knowledge of tooling used on machines.
• Programming CNC machine tools.
• Writing complete reports on a daily basis including Planning sheets, Job cards and Time sheets
• Keeping the machine tools, the workshop and the working area clean and safe.
• Undertaking other duties that will improve the working environment or assist other areas needing help.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
The ideal candidate will have experience and/or knowledge of the following:
• CNC Prograqmming
• Screw cutting
• General milling
• High precision machining
• Speeds and feeds
• Knowledge of Carbon steels, Stainless Steel, Phosphorus Bronze.
• Computer Literate
• Fitter & Turner
• Turner Machinist
3-5 Years Machine Shop Experience-Important
• Experience of machining a variety of materials used in engineering
• Low volume manufacturing,
• Tool making
• Repair/maintenance background.
• Heavy Engineering
• SA Driving Licence.
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.