Our client in the FMCG sector, based in Coega is currently looking to employ an experienced Packhouse Operations and Logistics Manager.
An awesome career opportunity awaits.
- Relevant tertiary qualification is essential - Mechanical/Electrical /Industrial Engineering degree coupled with 7+ years management experience.
- Business qualification will be advantageous.
- Fully computer literate – MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good administrative skills.
- Good knowledge of BRC, HACCP, and Global GAP accreditation requirements.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Sound interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional resilience to pressure.
- Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Operations and Logistics Manager is responsible for the management of all phases of plant operations including primary processing, packing, engineering, maintenance, product warehousing and logistics.
- The position works closely with operations, logistics, engineering and maintenance teams to increase productivity and profitability within the operation.
- Providing leadership and mentoring to all key resources at the facility.
- Directs, manages, and optimizes the overall operations of the facility.
- In conjunction with management, sets policies and makes decisions guiding productivity, quality, and cost efficiency of plant operations.
- Establish systems to collect metrics, analyze productivity and set performance targets that will meet revenue and cost goals.
- Leads the development and deployment of packing practices focused on quality and continuous improvement.
- Leads any labour relations activities involving the plant.
Please note should you not receive a response within two weeks of applying please consider your application unsuccessful.