The Key Account Manager’s role is to lead and drive the relationship with some of the company’s most strategically important customers. Through outstanding leadership and expert knowledge this role will drive an increase in Sales, Market Share, and profitability in a manner that is aligned to the commercial, brand and business strategies and therefore delivering on our mission to becoming the fastest growing premium spirits company by value.
PURPOSE & SCOPE OF ROLE:
To manage and support the Head of Sales in managing business relationships with assigned strategic Key Account customers and offering impeccable administrative and sales support, thereby maximizing the financial returns and optimizing brand development with each customer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monthly attainment of Sales targets and KPI’s as agreed with Line manager
- Assistance in the implementation of special projects in conjunction with both KA & Trade Marketing.
- Develop and gain agreement (internally and externally) to long and short-term business plans for each customer in conjunction with Trade Marketing and Marketing and ensure effective implementation of agreed plans including field resource requirements with the Regional Sales Managers.
- Cultivate and maintain appropriate customer contacts both personally or by co-ordinating the involvement of other key personnel to ensure brand influence on the customer’s spirit strategy.
- Monitor Key Account performance versus plan by assessing critical sales driver activity for own and competition brands taking corrective action with agreed levels of authority or probable solutions to the Trade Marketing and Modern Retail Channel Manager.
- Provide accurate short-term volume and profit forecasts by securing information from the customer.
- Assistance with and brilliant execution of annual negotiations, agreements and signing of trade marketing and or marketing contracts, defining of product volume, marketing activities coordination, promo calendar, national and local promo activities development, coordination, management.
- Building and development of partnership with selected multinational and local Key account clients
- Intricate knowledge of purchasing operations of the Key Account clients,
- Promotional planning, budget allocation and brilliant execution according to the annual activity grid.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of special and exclusive programs aimed at increasing sales with selected clients as per discussion with line management.
- Ensure a high-level communication between the customer and the company to avoid ambiguity and ensure alignment across all functions
- Price formulation and planning based on discussions with line manager.
- Sales analysis, development and implementation of special programs
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics
- Ensure that client accounts are up to date and are reconciled on a regular basis.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Advanced Excel and Ms Office, Market & Environment awareness, Exceptional Commercial Acumen, Advanced Negotiation Techniques, Budget and cost management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Customer relationship Management, ability to build great relationships, high degree of attention to detail,
Effective Decision Making, Planning and Organising, Team Work, Strong Communication, Technical Expertise, Presentation Skills, Influencing & Negotiation, Big Picture Thinking, Innovation, Change Management, Making Things Happen, Initiative
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- +5 yrs experience gained across commercial and other functions within the Liquor industry or within a similar FMCG industry
- Previous working experience with/knowledge of the buying/purchasing department/practices in the Key
- Account Client is essential.
- Exposure across different channels and different levels of customer channels (e.g. National Accounts, Key Accounts and Field Sales)
- Expert knowledge of accounts/buying/procurement practices
- Track record of success in highly demanding sales organisations (FMCG) and proven track record of brilliant execution
- Strong knowledge & demonstrated delivery in challenging trading environments;
- Clear understanding of channel, pricing, negotiations and strategy development
- Exposure in resolving numerous conflict-filled situations
- Negotiation and conflict resolution with powerful Customers would be advantageous