A well established and reputable company seeks an experienced and deadline driven Debtors Clerk to join their financial team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience within the FMCG industry.
• Debtors control, reconciliation and collections
• Provide accounts information to management
• Timely and effective collection of all debts and customer payments
• Maintain contact with external (customers and depots) and internal (finance, dispatch and sales) to ensure invoices are clear for payment
• Resolve queries both internally (finance, dispatch and sales) and externally (customers and depots) around outstanding invoices, claims processing, age analysis and follow up
• Post and allocate daily receipts.
• Post and email debtors statements monthly
• Post breakdown of journals to debtors’ deductions
• Upload invoices and statements
• Download invoices, remittances and claims
• Apply payments & credit notes
• Releasing of orders
• Follow up on short payments
• Opening of new accounts
Certificate / Diploma in Accounts
2 to 3 years’ experience in a debtor’s clerk role
Computer Literacy – MS Office, Great Plains will be adv.
Good understanding of accounting principles
Good relationship building skills
Excellent planning and organizational skills
Team player and deadline driven
Meticulous attention to detail
This position is available immediately.