- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree / NQF level 7
- 10 years’ experience in a management role in FMCG Manufacturing
- A good track record in production management.
Reporting to the Operations Director – Long Life Foods, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Financial Management
- Facilitate assessment of budgetary requirements for various processes, activities and running costs and compile an operations budget.
- Manage budgets and monitor expenses ensuring expenditure is within budget.
- Allocate resources and assess utilization to ensure optimal usage.
- Manage expenses and ensure budgetary compliance and continuously strive to save costs.
Operations excellence and management
- Monitor equipment efficiency and ensures optimal utilization of plant.
- Actively manage production variances and asset care processes.
Strategy Formulation and Implementation
- Contribute to organizational strategy through formulation of the business strategy to ensure sustainability and profitability.
- Formulate and implement detailed plans and objectives for product development, production, maintenance, plant improvements, asset reliability, quality assurance, supply chain management, environmental health and safety and people management.
- Set objectives and key performance indicators for above mentioned processes and develop and implement a processes / system to monitor these.
Food Safety, Governance & Compliance
- Adhere to and maintain all relevant safety targets and measurements within the area of responsibility, ensuring they secure and maintain all relevant permits and licenses to operate.
- Adhere to and lead in the compliance to all Environmental, Health and Safety and all other applicable regulatory statutes, and all other safety and quality systems.
- Monitor any trends in food and operational safety compliance issues and proactively address to resolve.
- Actively address all customer and supplier concerns.
- Provide leadership to the team, defining objectives to be achieved by the plant as well as each department.
- Deploy people management processes – workforce planning, recruitment & selection, training and development, performance management, career and succession planning, employee relations etc. in line with organizational policies, procedures, and prevailing improvement initiatives.
- Design and review operation’s organizational structure to support operational plans and strategy, in collaboration with HR.
- Coordinate raw materials and service supply, production, maintenance, quality assurance and dispatch in a way that ensures that key performance indicators for production and packaging quality, manufacturing yield, asset utilization and on-time delivery to correct customers are achieved.
- Manage the actions for continuous and sustainable improvement to ensure improvement on throughput, efficiency, quality, and cost.
- Ensure alignment of all work processes to the required quality standards.
- Proactively identify continuous improvement strategies.
- Action agreed quality initiatives ensuring that they are aligned to tasks / processes and systems.
- Implement corrective actions identified within specified time.