We have a position available for a QC Supervisor in the Soweto area. The main function for this position is overall supervision and monitoring of quality control and assurance activities in the laboratory and the entire organisation.
- Diploma or degree Food Tech/ Biotech/ Food & Nutrition or Analytical Chemistry
- 1-2 years relevant experience
- FMCG, Manufacturing sector experience essential.
- Proven ability to manage, maintain and deliver against Customer requirements.
- Analytical skills, communications skill, Conflict Management, Report Writing skills
- Maintain and control laboratory stock supplies (conduct stock take, place orders, expedite, receive, and maintain all required documentation as required).
- Development and validation of new analytical methods, including training of QC Analysts on all methods
- Hazardous chemical control - upkeep of MSDS's, regulations and maintenance of systems in compliance to H&S standard
- Maintenance of GLPs, overall housekeeping and safety standards in the laboratory
- Maintenance, verification, and calibration of all laboratory equipment
- Continuous maintenance and improvement of quality assurance systems online.
- Complete and maintain documentation needed to support testing procedures including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, or inventory forms
- Supervision of QC Analysts, Samplers, and Online QC’s,
- Filling in in the absence of lab technicians (online quality control and inspections, routine analysis etc.)
- Ensure that staff shift control and patterns are planned and adhered to
- External analysis (External analytical, micro, and specialised tests) - review, verification and follow up
- Maintenance and upkeep of laboratory reports and data to ensure accuracy in reporting
- Management of final product release - dispatch checks, COA's and other related documentation.
- Customer complaints - investigations, close outs and reporting, queries, and issues
- Blend / Spec matching for customers/sales team - includes investigations and research for new blends etc.
- Management of retention samples
- Internal auditing, onsite inspections, reporting and follow up to ensure compliance
- Serve as a technical liaison between quality control and other departments, customers, and suppliers.
- Undertaking any other duties, either for this department or any other department within the business, which may be requested by the Line
- Provide exemplary character for Food Safety and Quality
- Facilitate inter-departmental relationships for overall growth
- Communication skills on all levels
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quality Output
- Reduction of Non conformance
- Accuracy of work
- Customer service levels and reduction of customer complaint’s
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. To apply click on the "Apply" button where you will then be redirected to another site. If you have not heard from us in 3 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.