The purpose of this position is to execute daily production schedules/plan for all production units, capacity planning, KPI reporting, measure adherence to processes , ensure master data is updated daily, monitor variances in forecasts daily, cover for materials planner when necessary. Production planner will also need to communicate all of the above to the relevant stakeholders and when required
Job description in more detail:
• Plans and prepares production schedules for manufacture of products: Draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet delivery dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders.
• Analyzes production specifications and plant capacity data and performs mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource
• Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times
• Confers with department managers to determine status of assigned projects.
• Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
• Prepares production reports.
• Ensures daily, weekly and monthly production requirements are achieved to meet customer expectation.
• Analyze and prepare documents required for production.
• Data analysis and decision making to support raw material supply and finished goods demand.
• Creates production schedule and prioritizes job-orders for production optimization.
• Maintains the production schedule and other reports as required.
• Follow-up as required with all teams to expedite flow of materials and documents to
meet production schedule and customer expectation.
• Complete status reports for production progress, work in process, and raw material inventory.
• Interacts with management on a daily basis to resolve issues regarding manufacturing efficiencies or additional information as requested from Manufacturing, Customer
Services and Accounting.
• May be asked to perform other duties at a lower or level or higher-level proficiency
Grade 12 or equivalent with Mathematics
• Two years related experience in a manufacturing industry
• Understanding of Business Operations
• SAP/ SYSPRO/ SAGE or similar experience
• Advanced Excel User (preferable)
• Be able to compile detailed working schedule
• Planning and analytical skills
• Working knowledge of ERP / MRP systems
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link