Our client in the FMCG sector, based in Durban is currently looking to employ an experienced Area Sales Manager.
An awesome career opportunity awaits.
- The ideal candidate must have a 3-year Marketing degree with at least 3 years experience in similar position.
- The candidate must be willing travel within the region.
- Be highly skilled communicator and negotiator and ensure customer service excellence is executed at all times in a proactive manner.
- The ability to work independently in a self-disciplined manner and to deliver operational and administrative sales objectives is a prerequisite.
Duties and Responsibilities but not limited to:
- The successful candidate will be report to the Regional Sales Manager - KZN and will primarily be responsible for conducting sales reviews, assessing account performance, formulating promotional plans to meet or exceed set targets.
- The candidate will also be required to conduct promotional reviews and manage spends versus budgets and targets set as well as managing claims/credit notes and sales forecasting per key account.
- The candidate will monitor customers on swell allowance in regard to credit notes and as per agreement, monitor pricing correctly at DC and H/O, monitor DC strike rates to stores, check DC stock rotation as well as reporting all DC claims monthly.
- The candidate will conduct weekly trade visits to allocated area and regular appointments with store managers, staff, and merchandisers to build and maintain relationships.
Please note should you not receive a response within two weeks of applying please consider your application unsuccessful.