Our client, a giant in the FMCG arena, seeks a Category Specialist: Agriculture category, for a 24-month fixed term contract. Reporting to the Category Lead: Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical & Services, you will provide support in implementing projects, managing tenders, managing suppliers, performing analyses & preparing presentations related to operating plans and cost reduction strategies.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- B.Com/B.Sc Degree or equivalent in Procurement, Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Procurement / Category / Supply Chain.
- Knowledge of Agriculture Vehicle Spares, Agriculture Equipment & Maintenance Services, advantageous.
- Proven ability to effectively manage and negotiate contracts.
- Knowledge of advanced analytical tools and Continuous Improvement process.
- Excellent analytical capabilities to extract insights from gathered data.
- Highly confident with the use of databases, Excel and Project Management Tools.
Key Performance Areas:
- Generate cost savings through the development and execution of category strategies in the MRO Agriculture Category for Agriculture Spares, Agriculture Vehicle Spares and Agriculture Vehicle Services.
- Manage the procurement category process from compiling the tender/enquiry, issuing tender/enquiry, evaluating/adjudicating tenders received, bid clarification, assistance towards negotiating the contract through to finalising the contract.
- Engage with suppliers and internal stakeholders on specifications for Agriculture Spares, Agriculture Vehicle Spares & Agriculture Vehicle services.
- Manage on-going supplier relationship, contracts, by developing criteria and processes to monitor supplier compliance and performance.
- Support internal customer projects for sourcing and purchasing needs.
- Support and drive company and cross-functional efforts to achieve standardisation, substitute or eliminate components; adapt new supplier technologies; and reduce purchased costs.
- Negotiate contracts and price updates, delivery, payment terms, quality requirements and establish supplier performance metrics that meet standards and supply objectives.
- Build strong value-adding relationship with suppliers, end users and internal cross-functional teams.
- Ensure category is procedurally compliant.
- Ensure there is documentation for audit and SHERQ purposes.
- Drive utilisation of e-Procurement tools.
- Understand and monitor market trends and new innovation solutions to evaluate feasibility in Group operations.
- Establish supplier performance management and development (including BEE development) mechanisms and systems.
- Develop key performance indicators to track improvements flowing from implementation.
- Highly developed interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Communicate well with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation, commercial acumen and understanding of the business to enable the support of business strategies and goals with pragmatic and innovative solutions.
- Ability to effectively plan work and manage time efficiently in accomplishing role responsibilities.
- Flexibility to adapt to developing situations.
- Self-starter & finisher; ability to take initiative and drive change.
- Strong and effective communication and influencing styles, able to achieve win-win solutions and capable of flexing style to different situations.
- Proven ability to run effective presentations.
- Innovative, intuitive with ability to anticipate and interpret complex issues impacting on functional area.