Our client, a well-established logistics and distribution company, operating throughout SA with tailor-made logistical solutions to clients on a sustainable basis on a national level has a new position available for a Financial Accountant.
The responsibilities include the following:
- Application and development of accounting policies.
- Total accounting function (up to trial balance, VAT returns, bank reconciliations, stock valuations, sales invoices, debtors’ control, salary, and payroll administration, etc.).
- Checking / reviewing of creditors, payments, and reconciliations.
- Monthly reporting per division and budget control.
- Monthly tax planning.
- Preparation of audit file and annual statements for auditors.
- Management of administrative staff.
Academic requirements and experience:
- B Accounting Degree or similar qualification (CIMA / SAICA/ SAIPA).
- 3 to 5 Years’ experience of the above-mentioned responsibilities / functions.
- Participation and / or responsibility for preparing financial statements for auditors would be a very strong recommendation.
- Knowledge and experience of MS Office, Dynamics 365, and SAGE Payroll Professional, Power BI or Clickview.
- Willingness to keep abreast of latest laws and developments.
Skills and knowledge:
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability and willingness to communicate comfortably with people at all levels and build relationships.
- Technological attitude.
- Must be able to act assertively if required.
- Must be able to act independently and innovatively.
- Must be able to motivate staff, control, and discipline staff if required.
- Must be able to function effectively under pressure.
- Must maintain high standards with regard to quality of work and compliance with deadlines.
- Willingness and preference to function in a team.
Market related salary offered.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Area: Worcester area.
Please apply online if you meet all the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within weeks from the date of your application.