Retail concern is seeking to appoint a Senior Tax Specialist to review the tax calculations and related submissions for the RSA and non-RSA Group entities. The role supports the tax team to maintain and develop on their mandate by delivering end-to-end tax services in line with the Group’s internal tax policies, procedures and templates. The role acts in accordance with the financial reporting plan with a specific focus on the quarterly, half-year and year-end reporting periods. The role operates cross-functionally with the Non-RSA and Group Finance teams to review all tax calculations and provisions ensuring that all information is timeously and accurately reviewed, providing assurance to all Tax related stakeholders.
- Reviewing of corporate income tax calculations (South Africa and various non-RSA group companies).
- Reviewing all corporate income tax return submissions and reconciliations of tax accounts for various non-RSA group companies.
- Reviewing administration related to withholding taxes (including dividends, interest and technical fees) of RSA and non-RSA Group entities.
- Preparing and reviewing quarterly, half year and year-end
- Performing tax administration and compliance functions of the Group including SARS e-Filing and other Revenue Authority websites.
- Assisting with Revenue Authority Audits (South Africa and the non-RSA group companies).
- Providing Tax advisory services and related planning inputs.
- Improving internal controls and checks in the tax department.
- Managing training clerks rotating in the tax department, compiling theoretical tax competency linked tasks, reviewing their work, coaching and guiding them for success.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- B Com Hons or equivalent – essential.
- Tax qualification, Charted Accountant (CA) – preferred.
- +8 years’ experience in a group/multinational setting and/or significant exposure to the Big Four or similar
environments, with an auditing background – preferred.
- +3 years’ experience providing specialised corporate tax review and advisory services and/or managing the tax
function (or in a similar specialised tax orientated role), in a multi-stakeholder portfolio with internationally
- Exposure to FMCG retail sector in a Group wide cross-functional structure – preferred.
- Working knowledge of SAP, Excel and SAP BPC - advantageous.
- Proficient in English with additional languages such as Portuguese and French – highly beneficial.
- Limited travel may be required from time to time.