Senior Administrator - Trade Support
Tuesday, 17 May 2022
Finance/Accounting - Other Finance/Accounting
- BCom or similar tertiary business study, and at least 5 years’ experience in Asset Management portfolio administration
- Trade capturing experience across all products and markets.
- A high attention to detail and structured approach to work.
- Strong Asset Management middle office knowledge and experience .
- Sound knowledge and experience of back-office administration processes.
- Advances level of experience in using Excel, Xceptor, NXM, InvestOne, OMGEO, STP and other related systems
- Candidate needs to understand portfolio management processes and trading lifecycles.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Confident & enthusiastic, and able to work under pressure
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing risk in the Trade Operations team activities by reviewing processes and ensuring that adequate controls are in place to mitigate risk
- Implementation & update of strict application access and process controls surrounding the use of NxManager.
- Manage the daily trade administration process for clients and executing the trade in the market as per the client’s instructions
- Responsibility for resolving issues that have been escalated by the team leaders
- Assessing opportunities for improved efficiencies and reduced overhead in existing processes, including new technologies and tools
- Ensure that an SLA is in place and adhered to with external and internal clients
- Improve the Trade Operation team’s daily and monthly processes and update process documents accordingly.
Skills and Competencies:
- Provide solutions for complex client requirements including client engagement & testing
- Partake in projects and provide support across all products and markets across the Trade teams
- Assist with bespoke processes and the standardization of the Trade Operation processes to enable the automation of processing trade volumes
- Provide solutions for corrective actions identified from incidents and ensure successful implementation across the team
- Manage project deliveries including end to end testing and implementation for the team
- Manage Client onboarding and Client offboarding
- Be the primary liaison with ICT regarding applications used by the Trade Operations team
- Be the primary liaison with external vendors, brokers and clients pertaining to trade capturing
- Liaise with brokers and the Trade Operation team members to ensure successful confirmation and settlement of trades
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with external clients regarding matters pertaining to Trade Operation activities
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal operations teams regarding matters pertaining to Trade Operations
- Work closely with the Client Management and Service Delivery teams to ensure clients receive the optimal service levels
- Lead training applicable for the team
- Perform the Team Leader oversight function as and when required
- Manage and co-ordinate the Trade Operation team KPI deliveries
- Align the team’s strategy and KPIs to that of Investment Operations and the broader Traditional Funds Services strategy