Great opportunity for an experienced Accountant to join an established practice in Stellenbosch. They are looking for an experienced candidate to fill a management role in their accounting division.
The firm is looking for a self-confident individual with a completed accounting degree, SAIPA/SAICA articles, and preferably supervisory experience. The candidate will work as part of a team but must also be willing to take initiative and capable of working independently. Strong VAT knowledge will be advantageous.
The firm is a fully-fledged, unique audit and accountancy firm that opened its doors in November 2007 with a special focus on training and consultancy. Over the years the firm has expanded its offering to encompass audits, reviews, accounting services and tax administration as part of its service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writing up of more complex accounting records of clients on Pastel and Xero.
- Review monthly bookkeeping / VAT of SAIPA Trainees.
- Reconcile Debtors and Creditors on a monthly basis and provide training for SAIPA Trainees to reconcile Debtors and Creditors.
- Responsible for calculating VAT, PAYE and other necessary SARS requirements on a monthly basis.
- Preparation and Review of management accounts.
- Manage and supervise SAIPA staff to achieve set goals.
- Provide daily assistance, guidance and training with regards to bookkeeping, related taxes and SARS submissions to SAIPA Trainees.
- Preparing accounting work relating to annual financial statements.
- Preparation and Review of financial statements.
- Performing independent reviews.
- Preparation and Review of tax returns.
- Reviewing work done by supervised staff before partner review, where applicable.
- Implementation / evaluation of internal controls.
- Client interaction and relations.
- Attention to detail is very important.
- Must be willing to work overtime to meet client deadlines.
- Own transport and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Good communication skills (English and Afrikaans).
Qualifications and experience:
- BAcc, BCom Accounting, BCompt or equivalent degree.
- Completed articles with a medium / small firm preferred.
- Working knowledge of CaseWare, Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of accounting systems (Pastel, Sage, Xero).
- R210,000 to R300,000 pa ctc, depending on qualification and experience.