A rapidly expanding local and international accounting and consultancy firm is seeking to employ a dedicated and ambitious Accountant at their offices in Somerset West.
This is a good role for someone with accounting experience in a practice environment, wanting to gain further experience within a firm with local and international clients. There will be ample opportunities to receive on the job training and the strong possibility for growth within the business.
The ideal candidate will have a financial qualification, completed SAIPA, SAICA or CIMA articles and able to work independently as well as part of a team. Candidates qualified by experience will also be considered.
The firm is looking for ethically sound candidates, wanting to perform tasks the right way first time around and someone who wants a long-term career at the firm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounting and bookkeeping up to trial balance.
- Writing up of more accounting records of clients.
- Reconcile Debtors and Creditors on a monthly basis
- Responsible for calculating VAT, PAYE and other necessary SARS requirements on a monthly basis.
- Preparation and Review of management accounts.
- Preparing accounting work relating to annual financial statements.
- Preparation and review of financial statements.
- Performing independent reviews.
- Preparation and review of tax returns.
- Payroll preparation.
- Preparing reports.
- Client service delivery and query resolution.
- Client interaction and relations.
- Updating and maintaining of existing client records.
- Attention to detail is very important.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Good communication skills (English and Afrikaans).
- Ad hoc duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma, degree, certificate in finance or related field.
- Completed SAIPA, SIACA or CIMA articles preferred.
- 3 years’ accounting experience in an accounting practice.
- Knowledge of accounting systems (Xero, Pastel, Sage).
- MS Office, especially MS Excel skills.
- Qualified by experience of working in an accounting practice.
- 5+ years’ accounting and bookkeeping experience in practice.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Ability to execute instructions correctly
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team
- R16,000 to R20,000 pm ctc, depending on qualification and experience.