Our client is searching for an experienced and detail-oriented loan officer to join their growing
In this position, you will act as a liaison between the Finance Department and our Credit Department , helping Finance recon and audit their system.
Duties and responsibilities
- Processing and/or review of loan contract details and schedules on the Loan Management System.
- Verifying Loan Management System details against signed contract details to ensure accuracy.
- Monitor all banking activities and reconcile all transactions relating to the Credit Control, Legal and Finance Departments
- Reconciling the output of the Debtors Control sub ledger as per the Loan Management System against bank statements (disbursement and collections recons).
- Daily, weekly and monthly follow ups with the Credit Control, Legal and Finance Departments regarding bank recons
- Identify and resolve all discrepancies with the relevant Departments
- Ensure the closure and completion of all outstanding items
- Reconciling information from Loan Management reports to Banking system
- Provide feedback to the Finance and Credit Control Department on how to improveon internal controls and identify areas where risk relating to reconciling and recording of data can be minimised
- Prepare monthly audit reports and monthly schedules of account balance status
- Reconciling payments to ensure the account system reflects the correct transactions
- Responding to client queries
- Settlement calculation preparation
- Liaising with sales team to resolve client requests
- Assisting the Finance team to reconcile the loan book on a weekly basis.
- Other Ad hoc office duties
- Relevant Finance Qualification will be advantageous
- Previous experience working in a Trade Finance or Merchant cash advance environment will be advantageous
- Excellent Computer Skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your CV onto our website www.hslabour.co.za. [DUE TO THE POPI ACT - CV’S VIA EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED]
Shortlisted candidates will be required to go through background screening
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.