Position: Learning and Development Specialist
Do you know how to make the most of people’s talents? Do you stay on top of latest training trends and embrace technology as a learning tool? Are you dedicated to the development of the people in line with the company’s goals? Raise your hand if that’s you because WE’RE HIRING!
It’s our mission to unleash the potential in our team, and we know that teams perform best when they are diverse and each individual feels that they belong. That’s why we want you to join us in the capacity of Learning and Development Specialist. This role plays an integral part in our team, as you understand the organisation strategy and its future capability. You are innovative in discovering development needs and identify learning programs, delivery mechanisms and training priorities across the group. Creating learning environments and programs where employees and graduates can develop to be their best through more than just attending courses!
So, who are we and why would you want to join us?
We are a young, energetic, and passionate group of companies working in different industries, all focused on becoming market leader in our fields. Our fast-paced environment will positively challenge you and keep you engaged as you navigate through changing priorities and varying demands. We work smart, we work hard, but we have fun doing it!
Companies in our group include:
- LNDR – a lending solutions provider
- Aluma Capital – Asset and Fund Manager
- Cryosave – A bank for newborn stem cells
- APS – an outsourced call centre management company
What can we offer you? Some of our benefits include:
- Modern fit-for-purpose people practices.
- Working in a state-of-the-art tech building that includes access to on-site gym to help you grow your fitness as much as you do your brain.
- Two on-site restaurants that will have you inhaling aromas of mouth-watering lunchtime dishes, and freshly brewed coffee. At Fintech campus that’s just a part of the rhythm of the day.
Great, so who would be a good fit?
An experienced learning and development specialist who works closely with business managers and leaders who ensures they have a strong understanding of what the company’s objectives are and then create fit for purpose training programs that are aligned to these objectives. This person has full understanding of the various business units and their specific training requirements, ensuring staff is equipped with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out their work effectively. Taking responsibility for preparing, monitoring, evaluating, documenting and delivering all training activities across the group.
You may be wondering, what would such a fantastic individual’s duties include?
- Identify training and development needs within the organisation through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with business managers and people practices.
- Develop and implement graduate programs. “Catch them while they are young” we always say…it will be your responsibility to set up connections to varsity and promote us to recent graduates.
- Design, produce and expandon training and development programmes. Be creative, be different and offer new an innovative ways of learning.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, utilising training programmes as an opportunity to motivateUse this as an opportunity to get to know our staff to help earmark our top talent.
- Present engaging sessionsusing a variety of instructional techniques or formats such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos or lectures. Make it fun! Make sure no-one falls asleep…or even yawn!
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through assessments, questionnaires and discussions with managers.You will play an important part in assessing whether someone can do their job.
- Create and manage our relationships with SETA’s to ensure we make use of grants. And yes…you will have to be in charge of getting our WSP/ATR’s done to keep accurate records of all training (both internal and external).
- Regularly review the L&D landscape and ensure training material remains relevant and meets key business needs.
Are there any specific skills and attributes required?
- An effective communicator, who can interact with all types of people, both written and verbal.
- Someone who is likable…who is outgoing and can really get people to engage with them.
- Takes initiative in discovering inventive methods of presenting and facilitation. Be tech savvy!
- Creative, analytical and persistent, with skills in lateral thinking and logical reasoning.
- Keeps pace with change –keep up to date and build your knowledge as the business develops.
- Ability to handle conflict in a way that will ensure a positive outcome.
- Can think on their feet…being able to answer any left field question that may come their way.
- Has an eye for detail! Check and double check to make sure the right information is given.
- Develops and maintains solid relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Conveys a positive attitude even in difficult circumstances.
- An independent worker who delivers with minimal supervision.
- Cultural fit for a fast-moving and high-performance, but also informal and non-hierarchical organisation.
So now you’re really excited and want to know what’s next. Well, take a look at the below requirements and if you meet them; apply, apply, apply:
- Related tertiary degree or advanced certification.
- Accredited moderator or assessor has an advantage.
- Knowledge of the skills development act and other related legislation.
- 3+ years’ experience in an L&D role
- 2+ years' experience in the investment / long-term insurance industry.
- Familiar with content development software.
- Industry Experience
- Proven excellence in your previous endeavours.