Position: Independent Short-term Insurance Broker (Commercial)
Do you love being out and about, meeting new people? Do you want to write your own cheque on a monthly basis? Are you fantastic at convincing and does your negotiation skills know no bounds? Raise your hand because
It’s our mission to unleash the potential in our team, and we know that teams perform best when they are diverse and each individual feels that they belong. That’s why we want you to join us in the capacity of Short-term Insurance Broker. This role plays an integral part in our team, as you will ensure the business growth and client satisfaction throughout.
So, who are we and why would you want to join us?
We are a young, energetic, and passionate group of companies working in different industries, all focused on becoming market leader in our fields. Our fast-paced environment will positively challenge you and keep you engaged as you navigate through changing priorities and varying demands. We work smart, we work hard, but we have fun doing it!
Companies in our group include:
- LNDR – a lending solutions provider;
- Cryosave – A bank for newborn stem cells;
- APS – an outsourced call centre management company.
What can we offer you? Some of our benefits include:
- Modern fit-for-purpose people practices.
- Working in a state-of-the-art tech building that includes access to on-site gym to help you grow your fitness as much as you do your brain.
- Two on-site restaurants that will have you inhaling aromas of mouth-watering lunchtime dishes, and freshly brewed coffee. At Fintech campus that’s just a part of the rhythm of the day.
Great, so who is a good fit?
A specialist with extensive knowledge in how to sell and building new networks. Someone who fully understands the Sales life-cycle, inclusive of client services. The ideal candidate will also have an unsatiable hunger to write his/her own cheque and will be innovative in finding new ways to find customers.
You may be wondering, what does such a fantastic individual’s duties include?
- Generating own leads;
- Handling and reporting on leads from Financial Advisors;
- Cold calling;
- Gathering information and documentation needed to request quotes from insurers and fulfil compliance standards;
- Performing needs analysis for each client before quoting;
- Building a trust relationship with clients;
- Requesting quotes from different insurers and do comparison for client;
- Making sure that all compliance documentation is completed and discussed with client;
- Handling of client from lead to activation of policy;
- Could be called on to aid at renewal stage of policy;
- All communication with client from first contact to supplying new policy welcome pack and following up for initial outstanding information;
- Administration function of activating new policy and cancelling old policy if client comes over from another broker;
- Reporting to Manager and Financial Advisors on Leads and production figures;
- Remain Fit and Proper, throughout;
- Rerouting of clients to underwriting and claims when needed.
Are there any specific skills and attributes required?
- Entrepreneurial mind-set (must be able to work independently);
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills and ability to network;
- An established network of clients and ability to prospect for new business;
- Innovative in finding new ways to market and obtain clients;
- Unrivalled sales ability;
- Ability to apply tenacity;
- Effective planning, organising and time management skills;
Take a look at the what the requirements for this amazing job is
- Computer literate with knowledge in Excel, Word and MS Suite;
- Grade 12;
- RE5 Certificate completed;
- NQF 4 in Short-term insurance (commercial lines);
- 3 years+ Insurance Sales experience to Businesses;
- 1 years+ Client Services experience;
- Own reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Basic salary for 5 months which will become commission only in month 6.