Are you all about numbers and spreadsheets? Is the Financial Times on your bedside table? Do you love the detail and the data and how numbers don’t lie? Raise your hand if that’s you because WE’RE HIRING!
It’s our mission to unleash the potential in our team, and we know that teams perform best when they are diverse and each individual feels that they belong. That’s why we want you to join us in the capacity of Accountant. This role plays an integral part in our team, as you manage and report on financial information for the company.
So, who are we and why would you want to join us?
We are a young, energetic, and passionate group of companies working in different industries, all focused on becoming market leader in our fields. Our fast-paced environment will positively challenge you and keep you engaged as you navigate through changing priorities and varying demands. We work smart, we work hard, but we have fun doing it!
Companies in our group include:
- LNDR – a lending solutions provider;
- Aluma Capital – Asset and Fund Manager;
- Cryosave – A bank for newborn stem cells;
- APS – an outsourced call centre management company.
What can we offer you? Some of our benefits include:
- Modern fit-for-purpose people practices.
- Working in a state-of-the-art tech building that includes access to on-site gym to help you grow your
fitness as much as you do your brain.
- Two on-site restaurants that will have you inhaling aromas of mouth-watering lunchtime dishes, and
freshly brewed coffee. At Fintech campus that’s just a part of the rhythm of the day.
Great, so who would be a good fit?
A specialist who is an expert in the preparing management account, financial management and reporting of financial data for the business. Responsible for preparing management accounts, examining and analysing the company’s accounts and ensuring compliance with financial reporting and accounting standards .
You may be wondering, what would such a fantastic individual’s duties include?
- Capturing of financial GL entries.
- Examining bank statements and reconciling them with general ledger entries.
- Keeping an eye on and reconciling incoming payments from accounts receivable and outgoing payments to accounts payable.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements and ensure proper and mandated business sign off.
- Creating company financial reports with the above information included.
- Analysing data collected in order to determine the state of the company’s financial health.
- Analysing data to understand where the company is generating and losing revenue.
- Generating financial reports that display the company’s profits, assets, liabilities, equity and cash flow.
- Manage company bank accounts.
- Calculating , filing and remitting taxes and other regulatory financial obligations.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Ensure the management accounts are audit ready.
Are there any specific skills and attributes required?
- An individual that has an unwavering attention to detail with strong accounting skills.
- Ability to create logical and thorough financial reports.
- Strong mathematical and calculative ability.
- Analyse information to determine reliability and draw conclusions.
- Effectively interpret analysis performed and decipher information.
- Has an ability to work effectively under pressure in a high demand environment.
- Manages self to ensure deadlines are met.
- Cultural fit for a fast-moving and high-performance, but also informal and non-hierarchical organisation.
So now you’re really excited and want to know what’s next. Well, take a look at the below requirements and if you meet them; apply, apply, apply:
- B Comm Accounting degree or equivalent.
- 2+ years’ experience in accountant or similar roles.
- Pastel experience advantageous.
- Experience in financial analysis and balance sheet recons especially debtors and creditor control.
- Proven excellence in your previous endeavors.