- Accounting functions up to trial balance including processing of bank statements, bank reconciliations and journals, all payments and processing on Pastel Evolution.
- Debtor’s function: All invoicing and customer statements, follow up on outstanding debtors, reconciliation of debtor accounts and dealing with queries
- Monthly internal auditing: Petty Cash reconciliation for all three branches, general ledger account reconciliation.
- Updating fixed asset register
- Salaries: The processing and management of monthly salary payments on Accsys Peopleware including all monthly deductions and management of all salary employee’s leave forms and balances
- IRP5 Reconciliations
- Submission of all statutory returns (VAT201, EMP201, EMP 501, IT14 etc.)
- Annual Compensation Commissioner calculations, assessment and regulation of the payments
- Annual application for Tax Clearance Certificate
- All reconciliations for the annual audit and assistance with queries
Financial Management function:
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plan/budget.
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Correspond with various other departments (intercompany), discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Prepare and present management accounts at monthly EXCO meeting.
Group related functions:
- Process and reconcile intergroup transactions, debtors and creditors
- Maintain, analyze and interpret elements of the BEE scorecard in line with goals as set out.
- Maintain skills development training registers (internal and external training)
- Maintain supplier database (BEE certificates) and provide analysis of procurement spend.
- Analyze, interpret provide recommendations in respect of Supplier/Enterprise Development and Social Economic Development.
- BCompt /B.Com finance degree.
- Completed Articles
- Min 2 years’ experience in similar role
- Experience in a training environment would be advantageous
- Experience working on Pastel Evolution, Accsys and Hansa ERP
- Strong Numeracy, Literacy and administrative skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication (English)skills
- Problem-solving and Analytical Skills
- Strong ethics and moral compass
- Passionate about development and growth
- Manage the finances and your part in the business operations as if it were your own.