Our client is looking for a dynamic, high-performing, problem solver, with great attention to detail, with a specific focus on accounting and secretarial experience, to join the Programmes Unit. The ideal candidate should be able to take initiative, be self-motivated, proactive, and output-driven, and have 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Must be able to work from home
- Must have a driver's license
- Must have 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- NQF Level 6 Diploma / Advance certificate
- NQF Level 7 3 years degree / Advanced diploma
- MS Office
- Accounting software e.g. Pastel, Quickbooks
Functional / Technical Competencies
- Craft messages for knowledge transfer and education of stakeholders
- Financial Management and accounting practices
- Knowledge of relevant financial systems and software
- Exceptional minute taking skills
- Understanding of applicable legislation
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to detail
- Communication (active listening, fostering trust, persuasion, confidence, empathy, respect, responsiveness)
- Conflict Management
- Customer/Member Service Orientation
- Interpersonal and Relationship Building
- Planning and Organising
- Proactive Problem Solving
- Resilience and tenacity
- Stress tolerance
High-level description of the role
- Compile the meeting schedule for each financial year, arrange and organize meetings and webinars, including relevant documentation, logistics, etc.
- Perform minute-taking duties during meetings and prepare minutes, matters arising activity log, and decision log and distribution thereof. Follow up on and update matters arising from meeting minutes.
- Distribute newsletters and/or circulars to keep members informed of company issues.
- Manage vendor contracts relevant to the role. Provide input on contractual obligations to be considered for "contract cancellation" reviews.
- Perform general office administration (the center point of contact, typing, stationery orders, e-filing support, post box, contact list, etc.)
- Compile and submit an operational budget for the development of the company's annual budget and cash flow projections.
- Review and agree on the consolidated annual budget for integration purposes.
- Reconcile and balance bank statements to cashbook and debtors, and provide accurate and complete information to the accountant for monthly financial management reporting.
- Monitor and administer the payment of salaries, service providers, creditors, statutory payments including PAYE, VAT, Compensation Commissioner, etc.
and engage with an accountant in terms of calculation and payment thereof.
- Administer the invoicing process for existing and new members for membership fees due.
- Provide supporting information and documents to support the audit process.
- Administer the asset register and align it with the insurance policy.
- Sub-committees and /or project participation and delivery.
- Adhere to, and ensure own compliance with Constitution, relevant policies, SOPs, contractual obligations, and relevant legislation.
- Engage with identified key internal and external stakeholders at all hierarchical levels and provide sound support and input as required to enhance value-add and the company's reputation.