The Group Financial Services Manager will develop and grow this leading international company's Banking products and other financial services for customers by understanding customer needs in order to deliver on the Groupâs strategy of increasing innovative solutions and new business.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- CA (SA) qualified.
- Minimum 5 years in Financial Services industry.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Team Lead role.
- Stakeholder banking experience preferred.
Key Performance Areas:
Group Strategy Implementation:
- Increase revenue generating business solutions that will promote revenue growth as well as attraction and retention of customers.
- Build and grow the Group Bank and other stakeholder financial services in collaboration with business partners and suppliers.
- Design financial or transaction modelling for the Group trading environment.
- Drive innovative product offering and digitalisation within the Group financial services.
- Educate and drive an agile culture of working with all stakeholders.
- Manage commercial relationships and contracts with business partners.
- Create and evaluate business opportunities arising from the financial services.
- Determine commercial policies for the Group which will guide standard terms for contracts.
- Ensure that trading relationships comply with business goals and policies.
- Develop new business models including financial flows and transactional modelling.
- Implement interchange pricing model, cashflow forecasts and fees.
- Ensure that the business models are aligned with the products to ensure commercial viability.
- Implement stakeholder and settlement engine for accurate reconciliations.
- Liaise with the Legal department to ensure legal compliance.
Stakeholder Relationship Management:
- Build the Group's financial services brand with the stakeholders and business partners.
- Lead and guide cross functional teams for the execution of various deliverables.
- Collaborate and influence stakeholders to ensure that they are positioned to deliver on their goals for the successful launch and growth of Group financial services.
- Provide guidance and education to Group stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant partners for new business opportunities and adoption of the Group products and service offerings.
- Serve as the primary liaison for the Management team regarding communication on all performance actions and decision making.
- Co-ordinate with Divisional Sales Directors and stakeholders to evaluate and increase efficiency and effectiveness across the value chain in order to drive and increase sales revenue.
Administration, Financial and Reporting:
- Oversee and drive the product offering while enhancing the customer experience.
- Design and implement process improvement to deliver excellent customer experience by keeping abreast of industry regulation, innovation, and best practice.
- Manage third party service providers to ensure that the solutions are delivered timeously and according to business requirements.
- Interpret financial analysis and market related information to stakeholders in a simple, clear and easy to understand language.
- Formulate policies in collaboration with the Finance team for the accurate accounting and taxation treatment of the financial services transactions.
- Design financial key performance indicators to measure and track progress.
- Analyse financial performance and co-ordinate periodic management as well as regulator reporting.
- Manage the department’s budget.
Regulations and Compliance:
- Ensure that the Group meets all its statutory and compliance obligations.
- Participate in relevant industry bodies and ensure relevant certification is always maintained for the Group.
- Formulate plans to ensure that commercial, financial, legal, and technical risks are identified and mitigated.
Skills and Knowledge Competencies:
- Strategy & systems thinking.
- Financial Modelling.
- Building good collaborative relationships.
- Leading others.
- Strong communication skills.
- Innovative and solutions orientated.
- Decision making & problem solving.