A leader in its industry is currently seeking for an experienced Specialist Benefits Processing Supervisor to join their team.
The main function of this role is to assist the Manager (Claims Processing) ensuring the provision of professional support services to the surviving dependants/beneficiaries (for informed allocation of benefits) to the correct beneficiaries in compliance with the Fund rules, Section 37C of the Pension Funds Act and related Acts.
The successful applicant duties include but is not limited to:
Oversee specialist benefits processing for administrators and social workers
- Prepare up to date, accurate, monthly reports and statistics for the Specialist Benefits Processing Manager
- Ensure that audit controls are in place and audit requests are closed timeously
- Update Benefits Allocation Checklist to ensure fair and equitable allocation of death benefit claims
- Oversee benefits administrators’ responsibilities including;
- Perform quality assurance on claim forms and supporting documents received according to applicable workflow, rules and legislation to ensure claims are accurate and compliant.
- Validate the exit claim form to the exit movement received via company interface.
- Manage the allocation and reconciliation of member contributions to ensure that all contributions are correctly recorded
- Ensure accuracy of all claim documentation and member information
- Verify applicability of member options to Fund Rule and Legislative requirements.
- Ensure that all data is accurately captured by benefits administrators into the system
- Validate the manual calculated Final Average Emoluments to ensure accurate application in the exit calculation in all areas.
- Re- calculate the pre commutation value for the death of a pensioner claim, before loading dependants for a benefit
- Ensure that all death claims are processed accurately and timeously
- Process and monitor pensioners information within given timeframes
- Ensure that all queries and complaints are timeously resolved and escalated where necessary
- Manage the administration system, checking that accurate record keeping and query management is adhered to.
- Attend to enquiries, cooperate and provide information on legal complaints.
Project Management support
- Participate in the Fund’s overall projects e.g., Defined Contribution Conversion, Business Process Re-engineering, amendment of the Fund’s Rules, contributing expertise to enable project objectives to be met.
- Draft reports as part of the project deliverables.
Provide input to Specialist Benefits Processing Manager
- Keep abreast with changes in relevant guidelines and other legislation, to make recommendations where policies and procedures need to be amended.
- Recommend processes and procedures that are relevant to the section and enhance service delivery.
Provision of administration services to beneficiary and guardian cases; implementation of Management Benefits Committee and Benefits Committee decisions and requests / referrals for case investigations from other internal departments
- Coordinate the investigation and implementation of decisions, requests and referred cases, with reports and recommendations being submitted to BC, MP& BP or other internal departments.
- Manage the suspension, addition, termination and reinstatement of beneficiaries (widows and minor children) in compliance With Fund rules and legislation.
- Ensure guardian changes are affected and children are properly placed with suitable guardians.
- Check the accurate payment of benefits to the correct beneficiaries.
- Follow up on needs assessment conducted and guardian cases identified where there is a misuse of benefits.
- Contribute to the compilation of manuals / guidelines for guardians.
- Co-ordinate the submission of trust advance applications and ensure that these are submitted timeously to Corporate Secretariat
- Ensure the timeous payment of the trust advance payments to the beneficiaries
- Monitor the use of children’s instalment lump sum accounts and pension benefits to reduce the number of unnecessary requests for advanced payment.
- Ensure that all customer and stakeholder enquiries are accurately and sensitively resolved or escalated to the appropriate level.
- Manage planning of resource requirements, ensure sufficient capable resources are in place to meet service delivery demands, maintaining the effective and efficient capability of the department.
- Build a high performing team where the best people are deployed in the right roles and deliver against strategy.
- Ensure that all employees are motivated, developed.
- Manage employees’ performance and ensure that their individual and collective performance is of the required standard.
- Implement and maintain an effective system of internal controls and delegations of authority for the department, to ensure that accountability for decisions made.
- Inspires, aligns and engages employees around the vision and strategy of the Fund, maximising employee engagement and willingness to invest discretionary effort.
- Relevant Bachelor Degree. Registered with professional bodies - where applicable
- At least 5 years job-related experience which should include at least 1 year’s experience in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of any African Language is an advantage
- Working knowledge of Pension Fund Rules
- Basic knowledge of Income Tax Act, Divorce Act, Pension Funds Act, Child Care Act, Marriage Act, Recognition of Customary Marriage Act, Mental Health Act
- Working knowledge of Benefit administration
- Knowledge of Law - Section 37 (C) allocation of death benefit lump sums
- Valid driver’s license
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your CV onto our website www.hslabour.co.za. [CV’S VIA EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED]
The full job spec will be provided to shortlisted candidates only.
Candidates will be required to go through assessments, background and vetting processes if shortlisted .
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.