The main purpose of the job is to lead the audit team and provide assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of
risk management and control over governance, financial, businesses, and operational processes within the business, take accountability for the management and development of the audit team and to provide consulting services to the client.
- Ensure that customers are provided with world-class perspectives and solutions.
- Continually measure the impact of the audit service on the customer base.
- Drive the relationships with the customer.
- Represent the unit at appropriate client forums and committees.
- Add value to the processes and the business of the customers.
- Implemented and maintain the units strategy for all assurance services provided. Align assurance services to the overall strategy.
- Build relationships with customers that will result in a long-term win-win partnership
- Delivering Assurance and Consulting Services
- Develop and maintain the audit population and risk universe for the business unit.
- Preparation of the annual audit plan, taking into account strategic plans and emerging risks
- Provide input and assist with the preparation and review of the various committee packs
- Identifying opportunities and driving an integrated audit approach between process audit and IT audit.
- Implemented and maintain Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques (CAAT) for control testing ensuring efficiencies is introduced in the audit process.
- Assignment of audits to individual managers/auditors, taking into account the complexity of the audit and the experience of the managers/auditor.
- Overseeing the individual audits
- Ensuring audits are completed in accordance with departmental methodology and audit standards as prescribed by Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Formal review at the end of each phase of the audit: planning, fieldwork and reporting.
- Guidance to managers / auditors throughout the audit in respect of the risks and controls on the process being audited, and advising on technical, methodology and statutory issues.
- Regular visiting and interaction with Regional Audit Teams across the country. This will require limited travelling to regional offices.
- Active monitoring of the budgeted audit hours and escalation in instances where deviation is necessary.
- Discussion of the draft report with the auditee, finalization of management comments, action plans and target dates for implementation.
- Facilitating dispute resolution with line management, if required.
- Provide professional advice and consulting service to customers through competent staff
- Develop and provide input in respect of new procedures and systems.
- CA (SA), CIA, or relevant financial qualification at a post graduate level.
- Completed articles and a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in an internal or external audit in the Financial Services sector is a prerequisite.
- Prior work or auditing exposure in the Retail environment is beneficial
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your CV onto our website www.hslabour.co.za. [CV’S VIA EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED]
Candidates will be required to go through a background and vetting process if shortlisted .
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.