Our Digital Consulting business needs a strong self-driven Principal Consultant, who is as passionate as us about helping clients transform their finance operations to efficiently and effectively deliver amongst others financial information, which is valid, accurate and most importantly fit for purpose.
The role will provide you with the ability to lead various stages of a clients’ finance transformation journey, from the development of a finance strategies right through to the implementation of relevant policies, processes, organisational structures and technological solutions required to operationalise the strategy.
In addition, the role will allow you to improve your business development skills as you will also be required to actively drive the identification of opportunities in the market and development of client-centric finance transformation proposals.
- Lead the delivery of finance & accounting transformation engagements. From visioning and target operating model development (including future state validation and deployment) to the evolution of implemented operating models;
- Support clients in understanding, assessing and implementing IFRS financial requirements;
- Actively drive the identification of leads and proposal development to address client requirements;
- Support Partners and Associate Directors to grow the finance transformation business, through the drafting of though leadership materials, participation in marketing initiatives;
- Actively managing the development and provision of skills transfer to junior employees;
- Display diligence during the execution of any work of KPMG’s internal risk management processes at all times;
- Lead discussions around the “future of finance” and actively participate in generating creative ideas and thoughts; and
- Other ad-hoc tasks as assigned.
Skills and attributes required for the role:
- High level of drive and resilience;
- High level of attention to detail and a desire to drive quality;
- Strong organisation skills; a self-starter with initiative, ability to foster innovation and a common-sense approach to problem solving;
- Ability to multi-task and reprioritise tasks as and when required;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Excellent business writing skills, numerical skills, communication and interpretation skills;
- The ability to build collaborative relationships with good interpersonal skills and the ability to relate well to colleagues with differing levels of expertise and skills while championing inclusion and diversity;
- Ability to identify and close sales opportunities;
- Ability to manage high performing teams and provide coaching to enable junior staff members to grow in their role;
- An ability to apply, understand and implement IFRS requirements for a client;
- Passionate about how technology enables the finance function of the future; and
- The ability to adapt to a changing work environment and accommodate changing client demands.
Minimum requirements to apply for the role:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working on finance transformation projects or within a finance environment;
- Financial qualification CA(SA); and
- Passionate about working on finance transformation projects or accounting support related projects.