Our client in the Financial Services Industry based in Johannesburg has an Operations and Investment Compliance Vacancy.
Purpose of the position:
The operations and investment compliance role is required to offer technical support services to the Private Client Services team. This person is the key liaison on behalf of the Portfolio Managers for all middle office initiatives and operations. Ultimate responsibility for this person is to ensure that adherence to the client mandate is tracked and delivered.
- Financial Services Industry
- Understanding of FAIS and FICA legislation
- A strong understanding of:
- Share portfolio management or stock broking
- Portfolio transfers
- Dividend receipts and payouts
- Corporate actions
- Client statement preparation and distribution
- 2 years in the Investment Management, Private client or Private wealth management environment is preferred
- Relevant degree with a financial bias and supplementary education or courses
Portfolio Management Queries:
- Interacts on behalf of all the Portfolio Managers in solving their complex queries or system related issues.
- Professionally communicates with all Portfolio Managers, Client Relationship Managers, Advisor offices and central operations when dealing with issues that impact all Portfolio Managers.
- Is the super-user for all the systems that the Portfolio Managers use.
- Ensures that any complex query is handled professionally to ensure resolution and end to end client service and experience is achieved.
- Interact independently with the PCS administrators or service providers when trouble shooting and resolving issues on behalf on the PMs
Liaison for Portfolio Managers:
- Work with the central operations team when escalating client services issues, administrative processes, and controls on behalf of PCS (including all transactions, queries, reporting etc.)
- Act as a central point of contact for Portfolio Managers to refer delicate queries and priority issues for clients or Advisors, ensuring the efficient and professional resolution of these client queries on behalf of the Portfolio Managers is achieved.
Operational and Systems – design, controls, issues and escalations:
- Implementing effective controls to ensure correct processes are adhered to by the PMs and CRMs.
- Specifying Performance reports and other system/reporting requirements on behalf of the PMs.
- Correcting operational processes or highlighting systems issues that are causing client service issues (root cause).
- Logging and chasing all issues with the PCS Administrator or service providers to achieve resolution.
Compliance and Legislation:
- Specifying and testing the compliance and variance reporting for all the Portfolio Managers.
- Ensuring Portfolio Management adherence to compliance and regulatory procedures.
- Reporting and chasing remediation of any Portfolio manager variance positions to client mandates.
- Reporting and chasing remediation of any Portfolio manager regulatory 28 breaches.
- Assisting Portfolio Managers with new legislation and adherence to regulation where relevant.
- Liaising with the risk and compliance team relating to breaches, PM errors and client complaints.
- Liaising and working with the central Risk and compliance team.
- Working with outsource compliance providers when needed.
Assisting Investment Team:
- Assisting in the compilation of Fact Sheets.
- Assisting in Fund analysis requirements and ad-hoc technical analysis.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, Outlook, and PowerPoint essential) and a specific share portfolio / stock broking system would be an advantage
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- High energy individual who is customer centric and relationship orientated
- Methodical, accurate and have meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivated work ethic
- Organizational skills, ability to prioritize, plan and manage projects
- Ability to manage and collaborate with others
- Critical thinking: ability to trouble shoot, research and interpret
- Problem solving ability to apply creative skills in evaluating problems and identifying best solutions while being flexible to accommodate the changing needs of the clients
- Teamwork: be a reliable and productive member of the team
- Professional presence: as a representative of the organization, a professional image and professional conduct are always expected and required.
- Time management: ability to manage time and tasks to ensure deadlines are met
- Proactive and resourceful
- Resilient under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Maintains high levels of confidentiality
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.