The purpose of the successful incumbent is to create and maintain Linux/ Red Hat infrastructure and platforms for the business. To automate the processes between software development and IT teams to enable continuous delivery through designing, developing, testing and releasing software frequently, faster and more reliably in an agile environment. To ensure continuous delivery through continuous integration and continuous deployment. Using Lean thinking, ensure continuous improvement and collaboration between development testing and operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prevent wastage, and on an ongoing basis identify process improvements in order to contain and reduce costs
• Provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring as well as technical guidance or system process expertise
• Perform moderate to complex tasks in support of one or more IT projects that require a singular area of expertise, in multiple technical environments within a specific business area
• Evaluate new application packages and tools and perform research on best practices
• Participate in the development of contingency plans and the identification of continuity or disaster recovery risks and mitigation plans
• Plan and perform ongoing routine application maintenance tasks, assist in production support and improve performance
• Automate testing, provisioning, releases, deployment and feedback
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field
• 3-5+ Years of programming experience
• 3+ Years of experience with Linux
• Red Hat Certification is mandatory
Please note that by submitting your personal information to Deka Minas you free-willingly issue the business consent to make use of such data for the specific purpose of securing you either permanent or temporary employment. Our business makes use of a POPIA compliant database and you have the right to access, right to correction and right to deletion of your personal information.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link