PBT Group has an opportunity for a Data Analyst to source, research and create graphs and reports for the Research team, respond to client requests and ensure all information provided is accurate and current.
This will require an overall and in-depth understanding of credit processes, systems, information requirements, flows and functional system requirements.
- Builds, develops and maintains the business processes for Credit to help identify and understand the workings of the business, and thereby to derive the business requirements and constraints that the resultant systems implementations must address (Including current and to-be business processes). Continuously updates and aligns the to-be business processes as business changes.
- Determine the impact of change of proposed projects on the business and on the IT systems supporting the business.
- Perform impact assessments on new requirement and there impact on upstream and downstream systems.
- During analysis ensure that the full end to end Credit system and their dependencies have been assessed
- Supports the Credit Business Architecture and conforms to the Business Architecture standards.
- Analyse the gaps between the current and future state to determine the extent of change required to realise the future state objective. Identifies processes in need for re/design (e.g. due to inefficient operations) and identifies options to improve them gaining stakeholder buy-in.
- Document the end-to-end Credit process flows with reference to existing documentation generated to date i.e. capture the activities performed in a business process, inputs, outputs and resources used for those activities, including performance measures.
- Supports the efficiency measures and targets of end-to-end Credit processes including touch points in Business Units.
- Defining report requirements, functional and process specifications for business and IT changes, as part of the overall definition of solutions to support business needs.
- Understanding existing systems and all inter-dependencies (As Is analysis).
- Analyzing business processes and system requirements, with ability to propose re-engineering or optimization of processes.
- Ensure projects within credit business architecture are aligned and delivered to achieve the to-be architecture. Following same definitions, business rules etc.
- Understanding functional and technical system specifications in order to be able to identify business solutions, opportunities and system limitations.
- Applying and influencing the use of Business Architecture guidelines to ensure consistent and high quality business requirements/functional/process specifications for any solution.
- Assisting Technical Designers in translating the business requirements and functional/process specifications into detailed technical requirements.
- Overseeing functional, integration and user acceptance testing activities to ensure that the delivered solution meets agreed business requirements and functional / process specifications.
- Identifying proactively operational problems and proposing solutions.
- Interfacing with other Business Analysts and Project Managers.
- Working closely with the technical architects in defining the systems landscape in Credit.
- Challenging business demands and identifying duplications or redundant needs across Credit.
- Creating, developing and maintaining a Credit business information model and guidelines for data input, processing and output.
- Provide expert advice to resources in Credit.
- Keeping abreast with changes in the business, in credit management and best practices.
- We are looking for someone who has all the generic BA skills (5+ yrs. exp in the BI Analyst Rol)
- Data skills
- Good SQL knowledge (Needs to be able to read and write SQL. Troubleshoot as well)
- Good knowledge on reporting tools and dash boarding
- Understanding of AI and analytics
- Understanding of warehousing and virtual warehouses
- Understudying of data integration
- Relevant degree2 - 5 years demonstrated practical experience in major projects / areas with relevant exposure to the credit business.
- Strong background in implementation of build and buy business solutions
- Experience in the investment banking sector
- Ability to have a technical discussion
- Project Management experience gained in a complex Financial Service environment.
- Apply business analysis best-practices, consistent with the BABOK principles and standards.
- Support continuous improvement by identifying and solving opportunities.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Microsoft Business Intelligence, Business Objects etc.
- Experience with Data Visualization tools such as Microsoft PowerBI.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills, including the ability to translate business requirements effectively.
- Perform root cause analysis with stakeholders, conduct interviews or workshops to further evaluate and identify solutions to meet business requirements.
- Assist with production issues within a given timeframe.
- Coordinate and participate in the test effort to ensure that the delivered solution meets agreed business requirements and functional/process specifications.
- Ensure all the business requirements and relevant documents are well documented.
- Assist the Lead by investigating, estimating and calculating costs and timelines for enhancements and projects.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Team player, driven to succeed and transparent
- Be able to maintain the environment and provide support where required
- 3+ years’ research experience in a financial service and/or Treasury environment with exposure to specific products and asset classes
- Flexible and comfortable with change
- High learning agility
- Sound self-management and organisational skills