A leader in its industry is currently seeking for an experienced Communications Manager to join their team.
The main function of this role is to contribute to and drive an effective communication strategy
The successful applicant duties include but is not limited to:
Content development and management
- Develop print materials and branding strategies for internal use, which presents a professional image of the company
- Manage the production and distribution of promotional materials, checking compliance with budgeted figures.
- Leverage technology and modern communication methods i.e. websites and social media channels to drive a successful channel strategy.
- Act as a custodian of the company’s brand to strengthen the reputation of the organisation.
- Oversee all content ensure professionalism and consistency of style, as custodian of the Writing Style Guide.
- Project manage and/or deliver all communication material, in liaison with the relevant stakeholders, achieving stipulated objectives.
Internal communications management
- Contribute to the formulation and implementation of an integrated internal communication strategy across corporate and client (active members and pensioners) groups; in collaboration with key internal stakeholders.
- Formulate and implement specific action plans to address internal communications requirements, quarterly.
- Ensure alignment of communication plans implemented with the organisation’s objectives.
- Act as a business partner to the internal departments for change communication and any departmental activities that require communication support.
Media relations and external communications management
- Contribute to implementation of an integrated external communication strategy, in collaboration with key internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to the implementation of a crisis communication strategy and the management thereof.
- Manage communication campaigns for activities, drive measurable results, providing reported feedback to Member Experience Manager and Head of Communication on positive impact created through communication initiatives with the company’s stakeholders.
- Ensure alignment of the company’s Communication Policy to drive continuity and consistency in the organisation’s communication.
Provide input to the management of the section
- Assist the Head of Communication in the compilation of comprehensive business reports for this function, highlighting successes and risks in terms of achieving the section’s objectives.
- Keep abreast with changes in relevant guidelines and other legislation and make recommendations where policies and procedures need amendment.
- Support implementation of processes and procedures that are relevant to the section and enhance service delivery
Governance, compliance and reporting
- Ensure that all communication templates are updated regularly.
- Commit to regular update meetings with the Head of Communication to give feedback on compliance
- Assume responsibility for the maintenance of the Communication function’s institutional memory.
- Manage planning of resource requirements, ensure sufficient capable resources are in place to meet service delivery demands, maintaining the effective and efficient capability of the department.
- Build a high performing team where the best people are deployed in the right roles and deliver against strategy.
- Ensure that all employees are motivated, developed.
- Manage employees’ performance and ensure that their individual and collective performance is of the required standard.
- Implement and maintain an effective system of internal controls and delegations of authority for the department, to ensure that accountability for decisions made.
- Inspires, aligns and engages employees around the vision and strategy of the Fund, maximising employee engagement and willingness to invest discretionary effort
Annual Budgets / Financial Management
- Manage the Marketing & Communications budget and ensure programme milestones related to marketing & communications are achieved on time and within budget.
- Compile and gain budget approval (with support of the Board of trustees) in line with policy guidelines.
- Manage costs against guidelines and ensure alignment of expenditure with the budget.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in the field of public relations, communication, marketing, journalism or related field Registered with professional bodies
- At least 6 years job-related experience, which should include at least 2 years’ experience in a management role (preferably in a corporate communication role or a communications agency).
- Working knowledge of the pension fund industry preferred
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your CV onto our website www.hslabour.co.za. [CV’S VIA EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED]
The full job spec will be provided to shortlisted candidates only.
Candidates will be required to go through assessments, background and vetting processes if shortlisted .
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.