An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced leader to take up the role of Chief Financial Officer for our client in Johannesburg. The successful incumbent would be a CA (SA) with proven strategic leadership capabilities at this level. For applications and enquiries email email@example.com.
CA (SA) non-negotiable
Post Graduate will be advantageous (MBA, legal, Tax Qualifications)
10 – 15 years applicable experience (5 years at this level minimum)
Employment will be in line with South Africa Employment Equity Laws
R 2 500 000 Cost to Company (Negotiable) + STI’s and LTI’s
- Shares strategic leadership responsibilities with the CEO and other executives and managers ensuring the F&A function supports the organisation at a strategic and operational level.
- Is an active participant in the organisation’s investor and stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Responsible for helping drive the performance of the organisation in strategy development and validation, implementation, and evaluation.
- Develops financial policies and procedures.
- Responsible for balancing short-term concerns and pressures such as managing cash, liquidity and costs and long-term vision and sustainable organisational success.
- Planning and forecasting the businesses financial calendar and financial outcomes.
- Responsible for helping the organisation focus on creating and maintaining sustainable value for shareholders and other stakeholders, not only through maximising revenues and minimising costs, but through decisions which maximise expected economic value and considering wider sustainable considerations.
- Responsible for statutory financial reporting, asset stewardship, tax and treasury.
- Provides executive support to the Board and Exco in the provision of financial information, both historic and forward looking to support decision making.
- Ensures that organisation reporting provides relevant information on the financial position and performance of the organisation.
- Engages and communicates effectively with colleagues, investors, customers, suppliers, regulators, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides leadership and guidance to the financial team which involves developing and implementing a vision of what it should look like in terms of structure, service delivery and how it can meet the needs and expectations of the organisation.
- Ensures the Finance function delivers a sustainable cost base, at the same time as enabling growth strategies.
- Provides organisation insight to support decision making.
- Together with the CEO and other executives drives and manages change and innovation within the organisation.
If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks, please regard your application as unsuccessful.