A leader in its industry is currently seeking for an experienced Business Project Specialist to join their team.
The main function of this role is to support the Senior Project Manager and relevant stakeholders to analyse, assess, quantify and document initiatives to improve processes, systems and applications for our client in the most cost-effective manner
The successful applicant duties include but is not limited to:
Contribute to the definition and design of applications in accordance with business requirements
- Determine standards and procedures for change and implementation requests
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to ensure alignment between Applications, Data and Process Landscape
- Develop, analyse, prioritise and organise business requirements specifications and translate the system requirements (data mapping, diagrams and flowcharts) that developers and testers can follow
- Determine the suitability of current and potential applications and processes to the company’s environment and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Critically analyse application to ensure user requests addresses underlying business needs and provide optimal benefit for company
- Create and maintain a document system solution (e.g., process flows, requirements and functional specs
- Act as the link between business, development and support teams to ensure the solution delivered meets all business needs
- Validate with stakeholders to confirm accuracy and completeness or requirements
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architects to define infrastructure requirements
Act as a custodian for Business Processes
- Assist the Business analyst to map, codify, update, and make available, all relevant business processes
- Collaborate with process owners to determine the effectiveness and applicability of business processes to overall needs.
- Periodically review business processes and note and escalate deviations to align with the focus on improving efficiencies and reducing operational risk.
- Review business practices and activity against mapped processes and record deviations.
Engage in Business Requirement analyses
- Build business awareness and understanding by attending necessary forums to understand current and future requirements
- Elicit business requirements using a wide variety of methods such as interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops and workflow analysis and translate these into technical specifications.
- Conduct feasibility studies prior to the development or acquisition of new applications systems and/or amendments to existing applications, ensuring that systems meet business requirements
- Ensure alignment between application changes and enterprise architecture
- Establish commercial implications of application changes and make the appropriate recommendations, in adherence to company’s commercial processes.
- Build and maintain relationships with application service providers to ensure the company’s optimises value from system changes and additions
- Conduct a cost-benefit analysis to ensure that cost savings from applications vendors are quantifiable and increase in relation to the frequency of application change requests
Support with project delivery and implementation of applications
- Work with the Project Manager to break down allocated BA tasks and prioritise in accordance with the project plan
- Identify and coordinate appropriate stakeholders to ensure complete requirements are captured, documented and agreed within timelines specified
- Lead the test process with new applications and application changes, where these do not fall into the projects space
- Oversee application data conversion and data migration and guarantee the stability of applications once they transition into the IT support environment.
- Act as main contact with the service provider during new application implementations, ensuring the success of application changes and implementations
- Deliver new application in line with projected timelines and costs
- Provide regular updates to the Project Manager on the progress of allocated tasks and any other reporting as directed
- Build and maintain relationships with application service providers to ensure the company optimises value from system changes and additions.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to understand the needs of departments and the organisation as a whole
- B degree in IM/IT/IS Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 6 years job-related experience, preferably within Pension Fund and business requirements related environments
- Experience with financial/investment systems advantageous
- Expert documenting and understanding requirements using optimisation methodologies
- Knowledge of System Development Life Cycle / Agile methodology
- Retirement Fund qualifications will be advantageous
- Data Management/Maintenance experience essential
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your CV onto our website www.hslabour.co.za. [CV’S VIA EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED]
The full job spec will be provided to shortlisted candidates only.
Candidates will be required to go through assessments, background and vetting processes if shortlisted .
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.