Our client based in Johannesburg has a position available for a Business Development Manager in their organization.
- Excellent computer literacy skills.
- Minimum Grade 12 required, with tertiary qualification beneficial.
- Completed, or willing to complete financial services regulatory examinations (RE5).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (must be fluent in English).
- Own transport and valid driver’s license.
- Ability to successfully work from home when required (stable at home internet connection).
- Projects a professional appearance to inspire confidence in our customers.
- Previous sales experience, with proven track record.
- Previous experience interacting with all levels of management.
- Attention to detail with active listening skills.
- Financial services background beneficial.
- Understanding of insurance and VAS aggregator market.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Networking and sales pipeline development.
- Setup and participate in pitch meetings independently both digitally and face-to-face as required.
- Successfully convert prospects.
- Update sales CRM system.
- Report on call/meeting/sales activities.
- Achieve agreed upon targets (both number of sales and value of sales).
- Prepare proposals which clearly set out the terms and conditions for the proposed contract.
- Partake in onboarding of new customers and their employees/members.
- Ensure operational staff receive the correct documentation to start contracts and induct new clients and create any system-based onboarding communication.
- Assist in driving new product development.
If you are not contacted within two weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.