The business development manager (BDM) is often the first point of contact a new potential
client will have with a business when they are seeking information on the products and
services the company provides. They develop sales in new sales territories and retain their
assigned existing clients.
Location : Houghton Estate, Johannesburg
Span of Control:
• Between 8 and 20 people reporting to this position (depending on the branch)
• Coaching skills
• Directing, understanding and interacting with people
• Ability to work in a pressurized environment and meet deadlines
• Establishing rapport
• Showing composure
• Team work
• Making decisions
• Resolving Conflict
Managerial / Supervisory experience
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a sales or marketing leadership role within the
insurance/financial services industry
• Proficient in MS Office
• Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
• Excellent organizational skills
• Matric /Grade 12
• Business related qualification
• FAIS Credits (min 30 credits in short term insurance if date of first appointment is before 2010); or if date of first appointment is on or after 01/01/2010, a full recognised qualification as per the FSCA qualification list
• FAIS Regulatory examination for Representatives (RE5) and (RE1) for Key Individual
• If you are registered for one Class of Business (Personal or Commercial) you are required to have 12 CPD (continuous professional development) points.
If you are registered for two Classes of Business (Personal plus Commercial), you are required to have 18 CPD points.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Please check your email. It looks like you haven't verified your account yet. Here's what you're missing out on:
Didn't receive the link? Resend Verification Link