The AWS DevOps Engineer will be responsible for implementing and managing continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS. Implement and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation. Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform.
- Work closely with the Development and Operations teams to guide the design and deployment of cloud infrastructure code and applications ensuring that best practices are followed.
- Work with Development and Operations teams to automate solutions and integrate with other services/products/solutions.
- To develop state of the art solutions which are technically sound.
- Assists others on own team, or other teams where applicable, DevOps code deployment projects or operational tasks on development projects.
- Define development frameworks for complex deployments in the Amazon Cloud.
- To provide a high-quality service to the Enterprise Cloud Services clients i.t.o. consultancy, solutions and delivery.
- Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics including mentoring of other team members. Passion for growing and applying technical skills in service to customers.
- Be a trusted DevOps advisor by providing objective, practical and relevant ideas, insights and advice.
- Work collaboratively with consulting partners and technology teams to ensure high quality of solution delivery.
- Encourage best practice and knowledge sharing with partners and cross-functional groups
- Ability to make recommendations as they pertain to improvements in support/development initiatives and facilitate implementation with partners and cross-functional groups within the Business.
- Participate in high level technical solution definition and design during the implementation phase with the goal of providing reliable, stable and operationally sound applications that meet the Business requirements.
- Ability to understand and translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Provide 3rd Tier escalation support to other developers and assess technology and code periodically.
- Proven experience in performing a mentorship function to junior engineers.
- AWS DevOps Professional Certification required.
- Successful candidates should have a minimum of 6+ years of industry related experience of which 3 years must be within a complex hosting environment.
- Certifications in DevOps, system architecture or cloud technologies.
- Experience with Terraform
- Should be able to write and execute cloud formation templates and integrate that with CI/CD pipelines.
- Fluent in AWS CLI.
- Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
- Extensive experience with configuration tools like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Knowledge of cloud networking architecture, cloud operations, security, automation and orchestration.
- Excellent teamwork, time-management and organizational skills.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary and assigned by the customer and management
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Production experience developing, configuring and supporting monitoring systems, alerting and analytics.
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS.
- Should be able to understand how to use EC2 and Container services like ECS and EKS.
- Experience in working on more than one repository hosting service including ECR.
- Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.