A leader in its industry is currently seeking for an experienced Assistant Portfolio Manager – Listed Properties to join their team.
The main function of this role is to research, select and recommend appropriate listed properties accordingly
The successful applicant duties include but is not limited to:
Monitor effectiveness portfolio mandate structure and strategy for a specific
- Research market to identify potential listed property investment opportunities and make appropriate investment recommendations to business
- Gather and analyse information by accessing market research, trends and statistics on which to base investment decisions
- Benchmark company performance both domestically and globally.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of investment decisions within portfolio, optimising investment returns.
- Develop and maintain relationships with investment and banking communities, enabling access to market research, trends and statistics.
- Utilise MSCI BARA1 and Statpro and Riscura to monitor portfolios and generate performance and risk reports.
- Perform performance / risk-return analysis and provide recommendations to Portfolio Manager as and when required.
- Assess and monitor investment portfolio risks and performance attributions.
Provide portfolio oversight and input regarding investment strategy and asset allocation
- Ensure appropriate investment mandates are in place for portfolio to optimise investment strategies.
- Provide input into in-house investment activities which are in alignment with listed property strategy, corporate governance and regulatory requirements.
- Assist the Portfolio Manager to prepare reports and commentary for submission to the S.I.C. and Board of Trustees
Maintain and update listed properties valuation model
- Maintain quantitative/analytic models, conducting a sensitive analysis.
- Provide updated valuation models and earnings after results are published, in support of accurate financial reporting.
- Maintain listed properties ranking model, monitoring that investment returns are above benchmark.
Assist with Industry Sector Analysis
- Analyse sector under coverage and companies positioning within industry, obtaining accurate investment information.
- Benchmark performance across the industry, domestically and globally by accessing market research, trends and statistics..
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with broker analyst companies and other industry specialists.
Support Portfolio Manager
- Maintain, improve and implement an optimal portfolio that reflects the B.U investment philosophy and process.
- Maintain and implement applications which support financial risk management efforts and remain with risk budgeting limits (incl. tracking errors).
- Participate in project meetings regarding investment systems to enable effective implementation of investment related projects.
- Providing input into listed properties business process changes
- Honours Degree / major in economics, business, or finance preferred
- CIPM or CFA Level 2 preferred.
- At least 6 years job-related experience.
- Portfolio Construction and Risk Management experience will be an added advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of legislation governing investments within portfolio, Tax legislation, financial practices and procedures and Industry developments relevant portfolio
- Knowledge of CFA Code of Conduct
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your CV onto our website www.hslabour.co.za. [CV’S VIA EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED]
Candidates will be required to go through assessments, background and vetting processes if shortlisted .
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.