Work effectively with other business units and functions to implement processes and tools.
- Agile at making things happen through strong relationships and networks both internally and externally.
- Must be self-starter, resourceful and flexible as changes arise.
- Expert and persuasive communicator, both in writing and verbally.
- Able to influence and impact across all levels.
- Manage budget and resource plan to enable achievement of objectives.
- Brief, supervise and work closely with suppliers and service providers.
- Knowledge of SAP IT system will be advantageous
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for the preparation, evaluation and submission of accurate financial reports to key stakeholders inside the business and outside (Board and Shareholder).
- Ensuring that all accounting transactions are in line with the principles of IFRS
- Completion and review of Sales Variance Analysis on a weekly basis.
- Review of Credit Notes, monthly trend analysis and obtaining explanations
- Management of the monthly accruals and provisions review
- Preparation and review of monthly Sales and Opex journals
- Managing the Management Accounts of the company and analysing all lines against Budget/ FC etc.
- Financial review and analysis of P&L of all product groups
- Perform gross profit analysis and report on the key drivers impacting performance
- Quarterly forecasting: facilitate process; in-depth review of all Income Statement items; able to report on all variances; perform detailed analysis; timeously respond to queries
- In-depth review and analysis of expenditure
- Monthly review of expense to turnover ratio’s
- Approval and signing off of expense invoices within a specified monetary range.
Releasing all payment batches.
- Booking all FEC deals with the bank for all shipments and for month end import payments within delegations of authority.
- Reviewing all local and foreign creditors’ recons and authorizing for payment.
- Authorizing all BOP forms for foreign payments.
- Reviewing the Sales and debtors recons.
- Reviewing all Cashbook recons (Current account, and three CFC Accounts).
- Authorizing all journals, and credit notes.
- Review COD accounts and follow up on invoicing and stock.
- Authorizing all new assets purchased as per approved CAPEX budget.
- Keep a accurate fixed assets register.
- Manage all SARS VAT and tax related matters appropriately.
- Deliver day to day financial support and training to the business; respond to ad-hoc queries; perform ROI analysis.
- Assisting the company executives with project related matters and other ad-hoc requests.
- Manage working capital and credit to ensure the company has enough to pay bills at all times.
- Make receivables management a key role for your finance department.
- Administration and documentation of all salaries, bonuses and deductions received by employees, contact workers and learnerships.
- Identifying risks and opportunities which impact the business
- Lead the internal audit and external audit processes for the company and submit all documents on time.
- Management of a team and providing appropriate guidance and coaching to help their development.
- Responsible for consistent achievement of quality, accuracy and on time delivery of financial information.
Qualifications / experience:
- Degree in accounting or related fields
- Certificate in Management Development Program
- Certificate in PFMA
- Certificate in PPPFA
- Certificate in Corporate Governance
- Advanced Word and Excel
- Min 10 Years accounting experience