Our client is looking for a highly skilled, motivated and dedicated individual who would like to be part of the team.
Purpose of the job:
To perform an accurate and timely full accounting function and assist the Finance Manager to ensure overall sound financial control for two companies.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Working directly with the Finance Manager on all functions and projects relating to the finance team and finance within the businesses; this will include strategic drivers as well as implementation of strategies approved by Executive Management;
- Assist the Finance Manager with providing technical financial support, planning and analysis where needed in order to support the business;
- Provide support in identifying, managing and tracking key areas of efficiencies and cost savings within the business.
- Maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger;
- Maintain monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
- Ensure that the subledgers reconcile to the general ledger;
- Preparation and processing of general ledger journals;
- Reconciliation of inter-group accounts and balances;
- Ultimately responsible for stock or inventory, the costing and processing thereof, including transfers between branches and stock used in the manufacture process. Ensuring stock counts are completed in a satisfactory manor, including the process, capturing, approval, and processing thereof. Company’s manufactures and makes use of BOMs.
- Ensures monthly maintenance of the fixed asset registers and the reconciliation thereof. This includes approval of capex requests in line with the group authority framework and ensuring capex and opex requests have been completed accurately;
- Perform daily day end routines and checking of subledger schedules prior to posting to the general ledger;
- Running of month-end procedures on Sage Evolution;
- Ensure accurate allocation of revenue & costs and make corrective changes where necessary; Do the necessary analysis for P&L against budget for management, providing explanations for variations.
- Assist GMs of the businesses with any queries or analysis needed.
- Deferred revenue monthly analysis and processing;
- Preparation, completion and submission of VAT returns;
- Assist the Finance Manager with profitability steering;
- Compilation of monthly flash and actual results for reporting within strict deadlines;
- Assist the Finance Manager with the Computation of Tax calculation and processing;
- Completion of the Stats SA report;
- Full forecasting, budgeting responsibility and reporting actuals;
- Preparation of management accounts and monthly reporting on FINNIVO within strict deadlines;
- Co-ordination of external and internal audit process;
- Various ad-hoc tasks from time to time.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks after closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Financial Degree or similar qualification;
- CA (SA) qualification will be advantageous;
- Minimum 3 years relevant Financial Accounting experience;
- Experience with working with multiple ERP systems;
- Sage X3 and Evolution experience beneficial;
- FINNIVO experience beneficial.
- Attention to detail and ability to work accurately and deliver quality outputs
- Adapt and learn, willing to embrace change;
- Strong service and results driven and strong work ethic;
- Timely adherence to deadlines under pressure;
- Interpersonal, communication, influencing and relationship-building skills
- Continuous improvement mindset;