Our client is urgently seeking to employ an Assistant Manager: SCM to assist the Supply Chain Manager with the execution of the supply chain management functions.
• Consolidate the annual procurement plan for review and approval.
• Manage the approved annual procurement plan and ensure achievement of the plan.
• Assist SCM Manager in maintaining/improving procurement policies and procedures in line with relevant legislation (e.g. PFMA, BBBEE, environment and sustainability etc.) in the key areas of demand management and acquisition.
• Implement and entrench simplified processes and standard documentation, e.g. for tendering and general procurement.
• Develops and manage short term delivery plans, considers impact of decisions and report on implementation.
• Execute complex SCM functions including bids and deviations, within the team and as an individual.
• Provide secretariat services to the BAC committee.
• Assist in drafting and maintaining SCM policies, processes and systems and improve alignment with related function processes and systems.
• Control specific cost variables to meet established targets.
• Manage the full acquisition process, including RFQ, RFB and RFI processes.
• Manage the inventory(stationery) management system.
• Assist the SCM Manager to ensure full compliance to the supply chain management requirements in terms of PPFA, BBBEE, policies, PFMA and related treasury regulations
• Provide input into the drafting of the departmental budget
• Provide support to the finance and supply chain management teams
• Perform other duties as assigned from time to time
• Produce relevant reports including SCM statistics
• Manage the SCM staff in terms of day-to-day procurement and standard SCM operations.
• Develop, Coaches and counsels section staff to ensure that the section has the capacity and capability to carry out processing functions (acquisition, disposal, logistics, etc)
• Provides section team with technical guidance
• Provide guidance to the SCM team on complex SCM matters
• Prioritise and allocation of work to the team
• Actively manage performance of staff AND report on team progress against set objectives and standards
GOVERNANCE, RISK MANAGEMENT, COMPLIANCE AND INFORMATION/KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT
• Ensures compliance with codes of conduct, policies, procedures and legislative requirements
• Relevant degree in Supply Chain Management
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in a supply chain management environment
• Minimum 3 years in a management role in the public sector
• Extensive public sector experience/knowledge
• Project management skills an added benefit
• Proficient in knowledge and understanding of PFMA and regulations
• Proficient in understanding of relevant legislative requirements (e.g. BBBEE, PPPFA)
• MS Office proficiency
• Proficient in understanding of supply chain systems AND procurement principles and practices
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your CV onto our website www.hslabour.co.za. [CV’S VIA EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED]
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful
Closing Date: 28 February 2021
This alert already exists for this Email.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.