Are you a Senior Accountant based in Port Elizabeth (Gqeberha), seeking a new opportunity to join a dynamic firm? The successful candidate must be registered with SAIPA or if not registered with SAIPA the candidate should come with 6 yearsâ experience in the Accounting practice.
- Matric (Higher Grade: Accounting subject).
- Relevant Accounting Degree (Essential: Subjects Accounting III and taxation)
- Completed SAIPA articles or 6+ years accounting experience.
- Experience in Pastel and Microsoft Office suite, Caseware and Payroll experience advantageous
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identifying the risks and calculations of materiality.
- Statutory checks.
- Pre-engagement procedures.
- Acquisition of member’s interest / shareholding.
- Review the monthly files of junior to intermediate accountants.
- Complete and review of Management representation letters.
- Qualify the report of an Accounting Officer.
- Set-up of accounting systems for clients.
- Training the clients’ staff in using the software (Pastel).
- Supervising Junior Accountants.
- Assisting when needed the intermediate accountants.
- Supervising and initiating the processing of client information.
- Performing bank reconciliations, Petty Cash and cash control accounts.
- Maintaining of a fixed asset register
- Maintaining of General journals
- Processing of journal entries.
- Distinguishing between finance and operating leases.
- Foreign exchange transactions.
- Reconciliation of debtors and creditors statements.
- Correcting of accounting treatment on disposal of assets and investments.
- Calculation of the taxation on capital gains or losses.
- Analysing the resulting trial balance for mistakes or deviations and discuss the results with the client.
- Analytical review of AFS – GP%, Inventory days, Creditors’ days, Debtors days.
- Ability to record books from insufficient records.
- Producing a draft set of financials according to generally accepted accounting practice and a working paper file according to the standards.
- Preparing notes of financial statements.
- Formulating the accounting policies.
- Identifying provisions and contingent liabilities.
- Calculating the tax liability.
- Calculating the taxation on lumpsum payments by retirement.
- Planning tax, tax avoidance / non-resident tax.
- Secondary tax on companies.
- Perform vouching tests during an audit of (Pty) Ltd and Body Corporates to verify completeness, existence, accuracy, valuation, ownership and presentation.
- Calculation of PAYE/UIF/SDL levies and VAT.
- Completion of statutory returns.
- Liaison with clients of re-payments to the above returns.
- Preparations of payroll.
- Issuing of IRP5’s and IT3’s and reconciliation to EMP501 at year end.
- Reconciliations of input/output VAT to annual financial statements and monthly trial balances.
- Compiling and discussing with the client of monthly management accounts.
- Complete tax returns.
- Recording and identifying short comings in internal controls.
Submissions for this vacancy will close on 25 July 2021, however you will still have the opportunity to submit your CV for this position till 15 August 2021.
Thank you for submitting your CV to Marvel Placement Consultants. We value your submission, and we try our utmost best to get back to each applicant. However, should your application be successful, we will be in contact with you. Should you not hear from us within two weeks of application, please consider your application as unsuccessful. We are however recruitment specialists and will keep your details on our database for possible future opportunities.
Please note that Marvel Placement Consultants adhere to the POPI Act (Act No. 4 of 2013: Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013). Section 9 of PoPI states that “Personal Information may only be processed if, given the purpose for which it is processed, it is adequate, relevant and not excessive”.