An exciting opportunity has become available for a Treasury Manager to join our client’s Finance Department in Cape Town.
The Treasury Manager reports directly to the Group Treasury Manager.
To support the company’s treasury team with management of the E Wallet product and payments team, cash flow forecasting, liquidity management, day to day cash management activities, weekly and monthly reporting as well as other treasury specific ad hoc tasks.
Internal liaison takes place with the accounts, treasury team and business stakeholders. External liaison takes place with suppliers, pay-out and pay in partners and auditors.
Duties And responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- Oversee the company’s E Wallet universe (AKA card product) and payments team
- Ensure group entities have adequate working capital to meet daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly cash flow needs.
- Preparation and review of the 3 month rolling cash flow forecast.
- Approval and release of daily payments and entity payment runs.
- Management reporting on liquidity and cashflow position.
- Management of the firm’s banking relationships.
- Assist in the documentation and improvement of treasury procedures.
- To provide treasury support on projects and operations across the group where treasury representation is required.
- Assist finance team with payment allocations.
- To lead treasury initiatives to automate processes and improve efficiency across the group.
- To prepare and provide reports to senior management on treasury matters as appropriate.
- Lead ongoing improvements in treasury reporting including identification and design.
- Support intercompany loans process.
- Assist with day to day needs of the business.
- Liaise with the functional treasury areas on all aspects of legal entity treasury needs, including funding, liquidity, capital, asset / liability management, foreign exchange, cash management and treasury operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher qualification in Finance (essential).
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in staff management (essential).
- Experience in treasury management (essential).
- Administrative banking experience (essential).
- Experience with E-Wallets (desirable).
- Working in a multinational group / fintech space (desirable).
- Strong Microsoft Office skills essential.
- Aptitude for working with data and financial modelling skills.
- Knowledge of accounting principle.
- Proactive thinking but also willing to learn and work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills – ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Proven experience working in a corporate treasury function.
- Commercial cash and debt facility management experience.
- Advanced Excel.
- Analytical and critical thinking.
- Computer skills.
- Time management skills.
- Organisational and administrative skills.
- Attention to detail.
Market related salary on offer.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Area: Cape Town.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you do not receive any response after two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS