Excellent opportunity at a medium-sized audit and accounting firm for a Senior Accountant in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town. This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced and ambitious professional to join a practice with excellent growth potential where the accountant will manage a portfolio of clients and junior accountants.
This firm of Chartered Accountants (SA) and Registered Auditors offers a variety of services with the aim of continuously looking for cost-effective, value-added solutions to their clients’ business needs.
Completed SAICA or SAIPA articles along with an AGA(SA) or PA(SA) designation would be ideal. A candidate with the intention of a long-term commitment would be viewed favourably.
The candidate will report directly to the partners and manage a client portfolio, consisting of individual taxpayers, companies, close corporations and trusts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise permanent and SAIPA and accounting staff to achieve set goals.
- Provide daily assistance, guidance and training with regards to bookkeeping, payroll, related taxes and SARS submissions.
- Perform monthly bookkeeping, management accounts and payroll for clients.
- Responsible for budgeting and meeting set targets.
- Writing up of more complex accounting records of clients on Pastel.
- Preparing accounting work relating to annual financial statements.
- Examine, analyse, and interpret accounting records to prepare financial statements (IFRS and IFRS for SME's)
- Responsible for calculating VAT, PAYE and other necessary SARS requirements on a monthly basis.
- Reviewing work done by supervised staff before partner review, where applicable.
- Issuing billings relating to work done and reviewing all billings done for the portfolio.
- Perform billings and manage WIP.
- Provide technical assistance to staff members (where required).
- Maintain excellent client relationships.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified or eligible AGA(SA), PA(SA) or similar.
- Completed articles with supervisory experience an advantage.
- 3+ years’ experience in similar role.
- Experience with CaseWare, Pastel, Sage One.
- Initiative / pro-activity.
- Team leadership.
- Ability to develop talent.
- Adherence to principles and values.
- Writing and reporting skills.
- Information gathering and problem analysis skills.
- Able to demonstrate and exercise sound judgment skills.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Quality and detail orientation.
- Customer focused.
- Able to work and cope under pressures and deal with setbacks.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Results driven and able to achieve work goals and objectives.
- R20,000 to R35,000 pm, depending on experience.