Our client is seeking an analyst to work closely in a team with the Portfolio Managers, supporting the portfolio efforts for their multi-asset products.
If you are currently working within a LISP environment or a Unit Trust company and looking to get into asset management as a Junior Investment Analyst then this role is for you! This opportunity will offer you the entry experience that you may be looking for.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop a deep understanding of the multi-asset team's models, fundamental research inputs, portfolio specific guidelines and objectives to determine implications for investment strategy
- Contribute to research and implementation of alternative risk and dynamic asset allocation across asset classes, such as equities, bonds, currencies, and commodities
- Review portfolio positioning across accounts and identify trades / rebalancing needs to bring portfolio into alignment with current strategy
- Perform ad-hoc research projects related to the market environment, portfolio design, and strategy implementation that will have a meaningful impact on portfolio decisions
- Provide data and communication support to business development and client group teams that explain our investment thesis and resulting portfolio positioning
- Degree in finance, accounting or math's or quantitative fields, post-graduate degree preferred. B. Bus.Sci; B. Com (Hons) etc.
- Studying towards CFA may be an advantage
- May have one to three years working experience within an asset management environment - preferable a LISP or Unit Trust environment
- Passion for investing with a strong desire to be an integral part of a multi-asset investment process
- An interpersonally engaging temperament comfortable interacting with individuals across the business and with clients and working in a fast-paced environment
- Highly analytical with an attention for detail
- Demonstrated history of taking initiative, anticipating needs of the team, working autonomously, and defining a path for personal development
- Ability to program and work with large data sets in any of the commonly used statistical packages (MATLAB experience not required, but a plus)
- South African Citizens only should apply
- Own transport required