Our client has an opportunity available for a Financial Accountant to join their team at their Cape Town office.
To ensure the integrity of the financial data to enable accurate reporting from which analysis and decision making can be made.
The Financial Accountant reports directly to the Senior Financial Accountant.
This position is responsible for producing accurate financial statements for the companies that they work across. This position is required to prepare the monthly VAT-, provisional tax- and income tax returns and submit to the Senior Financial Accountant. They are required to process the required journals at month-end and load all information on Xero / NetSuite. Internal liaison takes place with the accounts and treasury team. External liaison takes place with SARS and auditors.
- Knowledge of IFRS and SA accounting practices.
- Knowledge of relevant tax and VAT legislation.
- Knowledge of Forex regulations.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting packages (Xero / NetSuite).
- Knowledge of AFS drafting and CaseWare.
- Advanced Excel.
- Computer skills.
- Time management skills.
- Organisational and administrative skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical skills.
Experience and Education:
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a financial environment (essential) or completed Articles (essential).
- Working in a multinational group (desirable).
- Grade 12 or equivalent (essential).
- Accounting Degree (essential).
- Studying towards CA, CIMA or SAIPA qualification (desirable).
- To oversee and check the bank account reconciliations to ensure they are reconciled and updated daily.
- To create accurate monthly financial accounts.
- Ensure that the bank accounts are being reconciled daily.
- Investigate and escalate any transactions older than 2 days.
- Check that daily feeds are updated daily.
- To create accurate monthly financial accounts.
- Compile and submit financial accounts packs to the Senior Financial Accountant by the 11th of the month.
- Identify issues and items to be addressed.
- Ensures that all transactions are accurately reflected in the general ledger.
- Analyses the nature of the transactions.
- Liaises with relevant personnel in Finance department to determine whether reallocations are required.
- Review all statements for the group with the Senior Financial Accountant.
- To accurately balance all relevant recons monthly and check every payment made by the company.
- Complete the overall monthly reconciliations.
- Check all recons created by the Bookkeepers.
- Ensure that the correct amounts are paid and that duplicate payments are not made.
- Provide guidance with regards to problems and corrective actions required.
- To ensure that all journals for partners are completed and accurately processed.
- Check that all the journals are reconciled accurately.
- Process the inventory journals accurately.
- Check that the journals are correct.
- Identify whether the journals would require additional action to rectify it.
- Ensure spreadsheet is updated and load correctly onto Xero / NetSuite.
- To accurately and timeously submit VAT returns on a monthly basis.
- Analyses the VAT transactions on a monthly basis and identifies what can be claimed.
- Completes recon to ensure accuracy.
- Compares VAT to previous month to identify large variances.
- Create recon and complete the VAT return and send to Senior Financial Accountant for signature within the specified deadline dates every month.
- Ensures all documentation related to VAT returns are filed accurately.
- To liaise with the external auditors to ensure all information is available for audits.
- Ensure that the auditors have an audit file with all relevant recons and information.
- Clarify any queries arising from the auditors.
- Address any issues identified from the audit report.
- Implement the necessary corrective actions based on audit report feedback.
- To liaise with third part tax officials in order to resolve any identified issues.
- Respond to all queries from tax officials timeously.
- Resolve issues with regards to tax by emailing.
- Ensure all tax documentation is stored accurately.
- To manage own professional and self-development.
- Attend weekly KPI meeting with Senior Financial Accountant.
- Attend monthly performance meeting with Senior Financial Accountant.
- Attend all required training courses for new products.
- Monthly reports.
- Reviewing P&L.
- Compiling bi-monthly VAT submissions.
- Responding to emails.
- Decides on the allocation and reallocation of transaction in the GL What decisions are escalated to the Senior Financial Accountant?
- Approval of financial statements.
- Unbalanced reconciliations.
Impact of wrong decisions:
- Loss of company profit.
- Inaccurate reporting on financial statements.
- Problems are generally solved independently but may require the guidance of the manager at times.
Market related salary on offer.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Area: Cape Town.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates.
If you do not receive any response after four weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful.