A well-recognised and international business in the maritime industry is looking to employ an experienced Financial Accountant to their offices in Cape Town.
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Accountant, 3 years of experience in a similar role and experience in a manufacturing/production environment is essential. This role will suit a technically inclined accountant, with updated IFRS knowledge and strong reporting experience, whilst also wanting to get involved in various projects.
The Senior Financial Accountant is responsible for the accounting, reporting, and internal control functions of the Finance department, and reports to the Financial Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full responsibility for the accurate application of IFRS 16, including modifications and adjustments.
- Full responsibility for the accurate application of IFRS 9 and IFRS 15.
- Ensure that all other relevant IFRS standards are adhered to, keeping up to date with changes and recommending adjustments where necessary.
- Ensure that processes and procedures are put in place for IFRS compliance.
Preparation of Financial Statements
- Preparing accurate financial statements within prescribed deadlines.
- Preparing Transfer pricing (TP) questionnaire on a quarterly basis and attending to other TP requirements and submissions as required.
- Reviewing Income tax calculations and submissions.
- Reviewing VAT calculations and submissions.
- Assist with any taxation requests from the Finance Manager.
Budgets and Forecasts
- Full responsibility for the preparation of the annual budget.
- Loading budgets onto ERP system.
- Full responsibility for the preparation of monthly P&L and Balance sheet forecasts.
- Attend to any budget or forecast related query from the Finance Manager.
Internal Controls, Workflows and Standard Operating Procedures
- Documenting and monitoring risk-based internal controls. Developing and managing an internal controls matrix.
- Documenting and maintaining SOP’s for all processes within the Finance department.
- Documenting and maintaining workflows for all processes within the Finance department.
- Ensuring that inter-departmental control weaknesses are resolved effectively and efficiently.
- Reports of financial information to be generated as required.
- Assist the Financial Manager with Companies Act compliance and other legislative and regulatory standards as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- CA(SA) or CIMA preferred.
- 3+ years' experience in a similar role.
- Experience in a manufacturing/production/engineering environment.
- Experience with integrated ERP systems.
- Expert/ Advanced MS Office proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- R600,000 to R800,000 pa ctc, depending on experience.
- Medical Aid, GAP cover, Pension, 13th Cheque – included in ctc.