Job Description :
Responsible for providing financial control/accounting support (typically in the form of data capturing & processing, cost control and reconciliations) to the assigned business/financial manager. Assume the primary day-to-day processing and control responsibilities of financial-related activities within the business unit. Ensures financial practices and information are in line with company policy.
Setting rental rates, negotiating and enforcing lease agreements. Supervising repairs and maintenance work and handling operating expenses.
Key Activities :
- Assisting with the preparation of the monthly management accounts pack to fully assess the performance.
- Compiling a monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation file, to ensure integrity of financial statement line items presented.
- Ensure all invoices have approved orders attached before processing.
- Ensure all invoices are captured within deadline.
- Follow up with managers and suppliers to sort out reconciling items.
- Ensure all suppliers are reconciled before preparing for payment.
- Create payment requisitions and attached invoices, recon and supplier ledger to payment batch.
- Once paid, all invoices to be filed in correct files.
- Remittance advices to be emailed to supplier to ensure accurate allocations.
- Ensure aging on supplier age analysis is correct after cash book has been updated.
- Ensure suppliers are not double paid and follow up with any debit balances if needed.
- Petty cash count & reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Providing assistance with accurate and timely submission of time sheet information to payroll department on a monthly basis..
- Assist with performing monthly spot checks on operational asset register lists.
- Sound knowledge of VAT processing and the implications thereof.
- Ensure all invoices have VAT numbers if registered.
- Preparing full creditors audit file to be reviewed by the Financial Manager and Balance Sheet manager before external audit
- Support the business as and when ad-hoc financial request come in and provide information that is accurate, of a high standard and delivered within required timeframes.
- Maintains property rentals by advertising and filling vacancies, negotiating and enforcing leases, and maintaining and securing premises.
- Establishes rental rate by surveying local rental rates and calculating overhead costs, depreciation, taxes, and profit goals.
- Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies, obtaining referrals from current tenants, explaining advantages of location and services, and showing units.
- Contracts with tenants by negotiating leases and collecting security deposit.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents, paying bills, forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints, enforcing rules of occupancy, inspecting vacant units and completing repairs, planning renovations, contracting with landscaping and snow removal services
- Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance services and supervising repairs.
- Secures property by contracting with security patrol service, installing and maintaining security devices, establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures, and responding to emergencies.
- Enforces occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Motivation for sales
- Financial support
- Familiarity with applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Competence with office / finance management
- Internal and External communications
- Financial Accountant Experience.
- Opera knowledge advantage.
- Intermediate/advance MS Office knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in real estate or sales.
- 1-3 years management experience a plus.
- Hospitality experience of advantage.