The client is an African-born digital bank. They aim to bring meaningful change to the way people across Africa access great financial products and services. They are challenging traditional banking and have ambitions to become the go-to bank for ‘every African on the planet’.
They have successfully raised funding to fuel their product growth and geographical expansion.
Their goal is to build a team of smart and kind individuals who work together to solve interesting and challenging problems, shaping the future of banking for all Africans.
The Cape Town team shares offices in Claremont to enable connection and collaboration, but they currently follow a remote-first work policy and offer flexible working hours
They look forward to offering great perks and benefits, to create a rewarding environment that supports work-life balance.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Implement various testing and automation tools, and commission IT infrastructure
- Provision, Configure, & De-Provision Environments via Automation
- Define and set development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Apply troubleshooting techniques and advise on fixing code bugs
- Ensure developers adheres to defined DevOps processes and update or create new processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop appropriate metrics to demonstrate system performance and agility using appropriate monitoring tools to improve operational efficiency.
- Identify and deploy cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Recognize and adopt best practices in documentation, testing, security, operations and support at scale and efficient use of resources.
- Perform incidence management and root cause analysis
- Select and deploy appropriate CI/CD tools
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Understand teams’ requirements and project KPIs
- Although they offer flexible working conditions you would need to be based in Cape Town or be prepared to relocate
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Have experience with CI/CD Platforms (Azure DevOps is a Plus)
- Have experience with at least one of GCP, AWS & Microsoft Azure (preferably Azure & AWS)
- Have experience with ElasticSearch, Datadog, Sentry
- Have experience with Technologies like Ansible, Terraform, etc
- Have experience with Kubernetes orchestration and management
- Have experience maintaining and support monitoring and alerting systems
- Have experience supporting and troubleshooting relational databases and distributed platform
- Have working knowledge of monitoring and event management tool Implementations
- Have basic system administration and Linux skills
- Have a strong desire for learning and growth.
- Have a sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Are a critical thinkers and possess problem-solving skills
- Are a team player
- Have good time-management skills
- Have great interpersonal and communication skills
- Can take the initiative and adapt to a fast-paced work environment